Lunchtime ride - Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growweblaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
It's such a lovely day - I just had to get out! The benefit of living in the City Bowl is that, although there's no real dirt roads, there's always the mountain :)

Up Kloofnek, up to Signal Hill, turn around at the lookout point, back down, down the Glen Road, and back up again. Nice :D

510776028_0cbae4215d_o.jpg

510775918_683c0b14b6_o.jpg

Progress on the 2010 stadium:
510776286_6075335023_o.jpg

Hmmmmm, I must try this little fire road sometime...
510776186_7eb34cb8f1_o.jpg

Sweet !

Nothing like a little lunchtime ride to keep the insanity levels down !

:thumbup:

Nice one GB :D , I see you put one of those see trhough windshields on, Cool always wanted to do that

Hey Mutts!

Yes, I got the Kappa screen from Auto Atlantic. I'm trying to do something about the wind noise 'round my helmet at high speed :D So far it seems the screen is an improvement - I still have to test it on a long ride, though...

growweblaar said:
Hey Mutts!

Yes, I got the Kappa screen from Auto Atlantic. I'm trying to do something about the wind noise 'round my helmet at high speed :D So far it seems the screen is an improvement - I still have to test it on a long ride, though...

Nice going GB

Lemme know next time you intend doing such a trip -I might just join you since I work in town to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What does a screen like that actually cost?

Hey GB

i can see my pozzie from there :D

you should go to the top of signal hill every week and take a picture of the building site. will make a mean slide show when its done.

i wanted to do it but seeing that beautiful golf course like that just breaks my heart :cry:

L

lihan said:
Hey GB
i can see my pozzie from there :D

Cool! I think I can too :D. That's what we've always done when up on the mountain: see if you can spot so-and-so's house :)

lihan said:
you should go to the top of signal hill every week and take a picture of the building site. will make a mean slide show when its done.

Hmmm, good idea....

lihan said:
i wanted to do it but seeing that beautiful golf course like that just breaks my heart :cry:

Yes, apparently the okes are playing fewer and fewer holes each week :lol:. As you can see lots of dirt - I still want to go down there and see if there's any "off-road" riding to be had there :twisted:. Seems pretty fenced up every time a pass there, though...