Lurker comes clean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
Hello all,
Been lurking for yonks now, time to come out of the closet I guess.
My son got an Xr125 when he turned 16 and found that none of his mates were interested in riding further than school and back. Always eager to assist I acquired a clapped out chinese 200 scrambler and we set about exploring the dirt roads around durbanville, wellington, paarl etc. Magic part of the world this.

Now, here is my one and only claim. My wifey, who, it must be said, is a wifey amongst wifeys, bought me an XR650L, so now life is complete (no I don't know what I did, if I knew I'd do it again)

My son and I have been to Sedgfield and back in a weekend, done cederberg-wupperthal, katbakkies, Darling train line  etc and that little XR125 has handled it all, amazing little bike that.
So, if you see a cuddly middle aged fellow on an XR650l and a scrawny lad on an XR125 anywhere from durbanville/wellington to the Karoo its probably us, flag us down as you pass (we can only do 80km an hour) and say hello.

Cheers

Nick

Latest posts