Make the DIY mechanic hole bigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
After successfully drowning the 104 000km Dakar properly, we pull started it enough to get enough water out of it to start and get home. I am not a mechanic but I have YouTube and a manual (mistake # 1). You start believing (and don't stop) until you strip the oil sump nut (fout # 2). Sorted now thanks to some very capable chaps with the surname Donford. Now the battery is in its #%%# but once I find the nuts and screws (my __k Marelize) somewhere in the chassis, I should be good to go with the new one. Magnet fishing may be a waste of time for bolt hunting ;) but hey, it's not all doom and gloom because I discovered a fork seal leak after the 330km trip on Sat to buy milk and bread. So, yes, afraid so, it's time for fork removal. I'm sure if I watch the same 2012 video on YouTube for the 23rd time I should be fine. Me posting this is not an invitation for ridicule or head shaking ....;) just advice from people who have been there and done that (poorly like me).