Making tracks for the Alfie Cox Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLK said:
And you wan't us to do it??

Hahaha

The purpose of us doing these recce rides is also to find which routes are NOT suitable  :laughing4:

BLK said:

You are most welcome.
The red routes and darker always get the most "publicity".  But if you want a nice weekend sleeping in a hotel, rubbing shoulders with Alfie, JonW, Bigmac and other famous adventure riders and be treated to the best DS riding in SA on green, orange, red and black routes (choose your own poison....), you will really enjoy the event.  If not, polish the bike every weekend and take a picture in the garden.  ;D :ricky:

SGB said:
BLK said:

You are most welcome.
The red routes and darker always get the most "publicity".  But if you want a nice weekend sleeping in a hotel, rubbing shoulders with Alfie, JonW, Bigmac and other famous adventure riders and be treated to the best DS riding in SA on green, orange, red and black routes (choose your own poison....), you will really enjoy the event.  If not, polish the bike every weekend and take a picture in the garden.   ;D :ricky:

Nicely said... :thumleft: :pot:

Different horses for different courses.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB
MTK said:
I just booked and paid..cant wait

lekker man, we'll see you there  :thumleft:

Gonna be some great riding

I think I may put my standard exhaust on for this, looking at those rocks and save the wings

Noobie question. I would like to partake in this, BUT, I am the oke that rides his bike on tar and wash and polish :peepwall:....what exactly can be constituted as a "green" route? Are we talking farm roads or off road veld type rides? I competed in off road racing for some years on a quad, but doing this type of thing on my LC GSA is not my idea of fun. I would rather find out before hand, then get there and sit in camp all weekend? :bueller:

Cobus G said:
Noobie question. I would like to partake in this, BUT, I am the oke that rides his bike on tar and wash and polish :peepwall:....what exactly can be constituted as a "green" route? Are we talking farm roads or off road veld type rides? I competed in off road racing for some years on a quad, but doing this type of thing on my LC GSA is not my idea of fun. I would rather find out before hand, then get there and sit in camp all weekend? :bueller:

Hi Cobus

Fair question

The event is divided into Green, Orange and Red Routes. The Red route will include one or two Black sections which will be entirely at the discrretion of the rider and aimed more at the enduro type rider.

The Green route will be mostly on dirt farm roads, as well as some twee-spoor farm tracks, which may include some mildly challenging sections just to keep the concentration levels up. There will be absolutely no off-road riding on the Green routes, although there are sections that may be a bit steep or windy or loose that will require you to slow right down and proceed with caution.

MTK said:
And Orange Routes?

The Orange Routes will be a combination of dirt farm roads, twee-spoor and single track. There will be some technical sections included, but no potential bike breakers like on the Red/black route.

While we on the subject it is important to note that without a good gps that can take tracks or a riding buddy that has one and  is prepared to stick with you at all times it is impossible to follow any of these routes .

The tracks will be Email out prior to the event for you to load to save frustration of waiting in Ques at venue.

Please just a reminder to turn auto routing off  and if you think you on the wrong path turn gps off then on again reload section of route that you on.  ie  Friday morning oranje

I do believe we in for a fantastic weekend.

Garmin zumo 500 550 660 montana 650 just be sure you can download a track not just routes.
Some guys bring there etrexs from enduro bike they work.
I own a 660 it works fine maybe ask the forum under gps and mapping section im sure there are others.
nuzi  i think zumo 350 and so on dont work you need to be paying 5 to 6 grand for the right thing I think. ???

Looks awesome as usual.... well done guys. :thumleft:

Any chance we can get the tracks before the event, to ensure we can download succesfully to GPS?