Mapsource - missing road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
So there I was, lovely day ahead of me. What should I do?

Ah, I remember Bus wrote something about the R303 and Citrusdal, think I'll go check it out. And whilst I'm there maybe there are some nice dirt roads I can add to my map collection.

Time being of the essence though (even a straightforward round trip worked out to about 6 hours of riding), I decided to consult Mapsource and upload a route to my trusty GPS. All this worked well - great route, great ride.

Until I spotted a lovely windy road up the mountains as I neared Porterville on my way back. A signpost shortly afterward confirmed my suspicion - there was a public pass there called Dasklip Pass that wasn't shown on my route planning maps!  :mad: :mad: So I completed the rest of the trip home against a chilly headwind rather less than enamoured with Mapsource...

Just confirmed it as well, neither the Southern Africa Streetmaps v1.5 or my South Africa Streetmaps v4 show Dasklip Pass...  :p What other out of the way roads have I missed due to these omissions...???

To the crux of the matter - apart from T4A (which I have to assume has this detail - correct?), what mapset for SA, Namibia and Lesotho should I think of upgrading to?

Latest posts