Messing around in Atlantis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
So I havent been on a bike an a while and was really having withdrawal. So a buddy of mine works in Atlantis and had to go do some stuff on Saturday. He offered that he would give me a lift there and while he works I could go and run around :D :)
I didnt really know the area and basically just ran around and jumped onto every piece of gravel or sand that I saw.
Somewhere in Atlantis...
100_1408.JPG

Riding the KLR was fun and I had I been on the R80 I think I really would have struggled... The KLR is about 30 kg lighter :shock:
100_1411.JPG

Road running along the powerlines coming in
100_1417.JPG

I was doing a little duckwalk here and thought I take a piccie :D
100_1419.JPG

Some of you may know where this leads to... Did not go in there to far, only found out where it leads to later.
100_1420.JPG

Had to stop for some energade and as I'm having my fluids I see a KTM 950 approaching. It was none other than Kamanya who had been doing some sand training, thanks for the chat and the tips! :)

On the way back stopped at the Melkbos 4x4. This is what a 4x4 should look like...
100_1424.JPG

Really good to have been back on 2 wheels!!

check the shocks on that old range rover. geeeese!!

AAAAGGGG NEEEEEE!

I thought it would be something like a nudist colony, with slim, sexy, blonde nymphomaniacs and lots of beers!

Damn!

If you really want to get to grips with sand then you should head on in there. I haven't come across harder or better sand riding, you can decide which one you want to dial in. There are tracks with monster woops, huge expanses of vigin sand and bowls that can keep you busy for an hour digging out (ask me how I know).

I would have had a ride report but I lent my camera to a colleague and only get it back today.

I spent about 4 hours in there, total distance 20k's.

NG's photo is one entry point if you are too broke for a permit. Once past the fence aim for the big gum trees.

sand

Nice meeting NG. Sorry to hijack