Mountain Passes for happiness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Rouxville I stop for a cooldrink, 1869 it’s an old town. Plastic flies everywhere, why cant we keep our towns clean ! At the garage a dad and his son is taking a Mcormick on a ride to who knows where

IMG_3128.jpeg

Like many small towns Rouxville has a beautiful sandstone Church

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

An hour and a half to go to my camp site

The rain makes those trails even lekkerderder. 😀 Jy gaan lekker kamp en braai en ry. Jy maak ons jaloers man.

Late afternoon I arrive at camp, drops are falling and it looks omninous
IMG_3142.jpeg

It ends up raining for about the whole night luckily my tent stays dry, and when rain finally stops the wind howls through the valley you can hear it coming from a distance. Three couples are camping woth their offroad caravan setups and we have to share a grid as one can only braai under cover. My wors ends up tasting like their vatk tjops ag nee man. Bit dejected I head to my tent certainly not singing in the rain ! But there is always a silver lining and the morning is beautifull

IMG_3146.jpeg

There is no mud or dust, perfect riding weather. Lots of trout streams as I leave camp
IMG_3148.jpeg

Last edited:
First dirt roads and I’m already smiling
IMG_3149.jpeg

The rail line is the much written over one heading to Barkley West, it was by all accounts quite an engineering feet through the mountains and a dangerous journey
IMG_3152.jpeg

The track is making its way towarda the mountains, lekker easy riding
IMG_3154.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    3.4 MB