"Mud"is a sediment and thus qualifies for a "geo"ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Yo Jules,

Where do I get the T-Shirt. ???

Legs shot to hell this morning. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pity I missed this one!  :-[

Some observation/s: why take panniers/top box on day ride?  :peepwall:  :pot:

The panniers are wonderful crash bobbins-without them I could actually have done some damage. The plastic absorbed a huge amount of the impact

The topbox- cause I want to learn to ride in the same configuration I will be using for for longer trips.

Real reason-I need to be comfortable with the bike in that configuration.

Any question? :biggrin:

eikeboom said:
Hijack!

Who is this WD?

Is dit jy in hierdie foto?

GeolUS-1984-1.jpg

(Sept 1984, Saldanha ekskursie)

Hijack off...

Bliksem Eikeboom, maar jy het 'n goeie geheue - en 'n goeie liasseringstelsel vir jou fotos!  Dis ekke daai (Andre vdM) en die sexy girl langs my is vandag my vroulief!  Nou ID jouself asb!

GundaGunda said:
I personally still have lots of geological things to see so the geologist's tasks are far from complete.
I need to see the greenstones and pay my respect to the oldest rocks. Hey ! How 'bout a trip to Barberton?
    Good Idea!
I want to vist the Bushveld Igneous Complex with someone who can explain W.T.F. happened there.
  Hang in there, after the main rains, I'll orgy a trip to eastern Bushveld.  It'll be a 2 or 3 day trip that'll include crossing over the Leolo Mtns in 4x4 tracks and footpaths...  
-  I've seen and mined the reefs underground, but how they get there?
    THAT discussion requires more than one geo,,,,,, and a few bottles of red...  
I want to go krap for sea shell fossils in the Hennops River Valley.
    Hey that's news to me, sounds like fun!  If you ever down in WC hook up with some geos out there and ask them to take you to the borrow pits along the Lakenvlei road (close to Ceres) - there you can hammer out your own trilobite!
I need to get up close and personal with a dyke - not what you thinking fool !!
  There are some outcropping ones on the Leolo Mtn trip, but I'm sure some around Jozi as well.  I'll check.
-  Seen them underground, but what they look like on surface?  
The B.I.C. aureole "cooked rocks" fascinate me - I want to see the actual Transvaal/B.I.C. transition. (non-conformity?)
  Can't think of the actual contact at moment, but some of the near-contact rocks (with sulphide mineralisation) can be seen near the top of that long hill up from the Cr mines at Dwarsrivier towards Lydenburg...
-  I though I saw it on a ride with Zerc but I was wrong.
I need another trip into the Tswaing crater. Just 'cos it's lekka.
  Can you believe I've never been?  Shame!
I want to see the bust rocks in the Vredefort dome caused by the meteorite.
  Easily done.  When is Jules going there next?  I'll tag along, there are some easy outcrops to get to.

The earth tells lekka stories. I want to learn to listen more.

roxenz said:

So many places to ride  :ricky:  :ricky:  :ricky:

I'm in.

In the cutting on the uphill section near :-

S25 49.956 E27 58.455

It used to be easy to find bivalve molusc fossils in the cutting. But I think the day-trippers have scratched most of them out.

Must stop and look again next time I go through.

Where can I buy a combination tyre lever, wheel spanner, mud-spanner and geological pick ?

roxenz said:
eikeboom said:
Hijack!

Who is this WD?

Is dit jy in hierdie foto?

GeolUS-1984-1.jpg

(Sept 1984, Saldanha ekskursie)

Hijack off...

Bliksem Eikeboom, maar jy het 'n goeie geheue - en 'n goeie liasseringstelsel vir jou fotos!  Dis ekke daai (Andre vdM) en die sexy girl langs my is vandag my vroulief!  Nou ID jouself asb!

Ge-PM.
En foto gemove na ander album in Photobucket. Hiers hy weer:
GeolUS-1984-1.jpg

Ja so het die man gelyk in 1984 op Universit v Skelmbosch, Geologie- klastoer/jol na Saldanha.  :deal:

let the next ride be as muddy as this one !!!

and we also learned something on rocks, né :imaposer:

madmike999 said:
let the next ride be as muddy as this one !!!

and we also learned something on rocks, né :imaposer:

May I suggest a name change Mike - Mudmike999.

I was watching the tracks out in front of my sweeper posi, and there was someone who was aiming at the puddles. Looked like tracks of a "mature" BMW, with a "mature" back tyre and I wonder who it was ?  ::)

Looks like the ride was AWESOME!!  The more mud, the better.  Now I am really jealous that I missed out!  Golden Gate was very cool this weekend on the very muddy, potklei S22!

Next time I will definitely join the "Jules ride".

:imaposer: looks like you guys had soooo much fun.... well we will have to catch the next one...

May I suggest a name change Mike - Mudmike999.

I was watching the tracks out in front of my sweeper posi, and there was someone who was aiming at the puddles. Looked like tracks of a "mature" BMW, with a "mature" back tyre and I wonder who it was ?  ::)
[/quote]

there can only be one, I just love loosing control yet having control, MudMike999 sound like a good plan  :imaposer: :imaposer: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Some more pictures thanks to Would I? and Fire Cracker

georide1.jpg

georide2.jpg

georide3.jpg

georide4.jpg

georide5.jpg

georide6.jpg

georide7.jpg

georide8.jpg

georide9.jpg

georide10.jpg

georide11.jpg

georide12.jpg

georide13.jpg

georide14.jpg

georide15.jpg

georide16.jpg

georide17.jpg

georide18.jpg

georide19.jpg

georide20.jpg

georide21.jpg

georide22.jpg

georide23.jpg

georide24.jpg

georide25.jpg

georide26.jpg

georide27.jpg

georide28.jpg

georide29.jpg

georide30.jpg

Jules Did It!
georide31.jpg

georide32.jpg

georide33.jpg

That looked like alot of fun. Thats what memories are made off

Battlestar said:

It's only fun until someone (me) moers down.

Then it's a frikken jol!!! :biggrin: ;D

Riaanc said:
Battlestar said:

It's only fun until someone (me) moers down.

Then it's a frikken jol!!! :biggrin: ;D

Veral met panniers & top box!  :imaposer:

joke net Riaanc!