MX/Offroad boots.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whaleson

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Hi Guys,

So I've decided that my touring boots just don't cut it for technical riding (or anything more serious that tweespoor) and I'm looking for a long boot that offers more protection. Especially since I've broken both my ankles in the past (luckily never from a bike incident) and would prefer to not to ever again :p

Any suggestions? Specifically the price/performance/durability trade-offs. I've had a look at the other threads regarding boots and its clear that although many ppl use boots like the W2 or Forma Adv boots, these are just slightly better than what I have and not quite up there when it comes to MX levels of protection.

Things like being waterproof are nice but not essential, if I needed to be dry and clean then I'd stay on tar. Longevity and Durability are important, I'd rather pay a slight premium for something that's going to last longer and take a beating while protecting my lower legs.

I've been eyeing the Alpinestars tech 7 as a good middle ground between the top of the range without some of the compromises made in the lower end stuff (like plastic buckles instead of aluminium) but Alpinestar gear is expensive so it would be nice to hear what the good alternatives are.

Additionally, how good are the BMW GS pro boots? 

Latest posts