• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My Dakkie is for sale - Jan price drop (Provisionally Sold)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PietSkiet

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Very similar to when I realize it is time to go home from the pub, I realized, thinking about my Dakkie, it is time… I am selling the bike I learned to ride on….

There were only two, one-day-stands, with other motorcycles, before I bought my first bike, Dakkie, and so started a five and a half year relationship. We, like many other relationships, had a great honeymoon phase, going on breakfast runs, weekend trips and long December trips, going up passes, down gorges, and through rivers…

We mostly had ups, but also a few downs… especially on our first long trip through the passes around Rhodes in the Eastern Cape… This left a few battle scars… He also went out riding with one of my friends, got a bit windgat, and fell right on his arse in an attempted wheelie…

The adventures became less frequent and fizzled out. He was neglected, and taken out for a breakfast run or two, every now and again. One morning when the brand new battery I put inside him, was flat because it was not recharged by riding him enough, I realized, our relationship has to end… we grew apart… we want different things in life… it was time to move on… I want to go exploring, taking him on cattle tracks, cross streams etc. and when we fall, laugh about it, dust ourselves off and ride on. But Dakkie does not fit into that type of adventure…

So, Dakkie is looking for a new stable home, one that will accept him for what he is, a comfortable, reliable, sensible, stable partner.

Here is Dakkies’ Tinder profile with pictures:
- Best first adventure bike! Very reliable commuter. Low maintenance.
- Wild Dog asking price R35 000 R30 000 (Going to advertise him for R40 000 elsewhere)
- Model: BMW 650 GS Dakar 2007
- Km’s: 41 232
- I am the second owner as far as I am aware, previous owner also a Wild Dog
- I bought him in 2013-06 with about 17-18 000km on the clock.
- All servicing and maintenance done at Peter from Adventure MX in Pretoria
Extras:
- Centre stand
- Top box (has fallen off twice)
- Top bag (2 clips broken)
- Tank bag (clip straps worn)
- Front & rear tubes
Battle Scars:
- Speedo console plastic crack
- Chain guard broken off
- Starter button not working, replaced with another one
- Brake light cracked
- Exhaust scratched
- Side stand switch bypassed

I am going to put in a new battery plus renew the license which has expired. Nothing mechanically wrong with it.

Contact me on 084 6111 603 or [email protected] or PM me. Plus pls explain to me why everyone always hides their number plates?

Attachments

• Dakkie-1.jpg
    Dakkie-1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Dakkie-2.jpg
    Dakkie-2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Dakkie-3.jpg
    Dakkie-3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Dakkie-4.jpg
    Dakkie-4.jpg