My first trip with the Limpopo Meerkatte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydiver

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
I was invited by Megapix a few weeks ago to join the WhatsApp group of the Limpopo Meerkatte.

During the past week, a trip was planned and we were invited to go along for the ride.
Initially, it appeared as if only three or four riders would be available for the ride.

I had other commitments early Saturday morning but then the departure time for the ride was communicated as 12 o'clock and I could join.
We all met at the pre-arranged address and finally I could put faces to the names on the WhatsApp group. Six of us left Polokwane and we heard that another two riders would meet us in the tiny village of Heanertsburg.

We met up with the other two riders (hooligans  :imaposer:) and the group of eight bikes set off on the first of many gravel roads through beautiful forests and plantations.

Attachments

• LM 1.jpg
    LM 1.jpg
    224.3 KB
  • LM 2.1.jpg
    LM 2.1.jpg
    293.7 KB
The planner of the route's bike

Attachments

• LM 3.jpg
    LM 3.jpg
    322.4 KB
We had a stop next to the Ebenezer Dam for photos.
The heat was terrible next to the water.

Attachments

• LM 4.jpg
    LM 4.jpg
    158.8 KB
From the dam we travelled all the way on dirt to a nice secluded spot next to a small fishing dam where we had something to eat.

Attachments

• LM 6.jpg
    LM 6.jpg
    120 KB
  • LM 7.jpg
    LM 7.jpg
    192.6 KB
Driving past Houtbosdorp on a sweeping tar road we ended up on a gravel mountain pass which climbed high up into the mountain. The group stopped at the top for a rest.

Attachments

• LM 8.jpg
    LM 8.jpg
    143.1 KB
Going down the mountain.

Attachments

• LM 9.jpg
    LM 9.jpg
    248.7 KB
The last stretch home was 80km on the black top.

I was given an opportunity to ride the white KTM 990 all the way back to Polokwane. Man....what a machine!!!!!
The balance and power of the bike is incredible. I would love to ride it on gravel some time soon.

All in all we did about 200km for the afternoon. Enjoy the pics.       

Attachments

• LM 5.jpg
    LM 5.jpg
    231.3 KB