My Kove 450 Rally February 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoe so?
Then a KTM EXC is also no DS?
ja en hulle rate CRF se Showa’s beter. WR bitter min plekke street legal indien enige plek. Anyway my ou CRF sin was terrible, to each hos own. Dink die ding was gespring vir n gorilla

Gents, the Kove 450 Rally is the Springbok of the Desert!
I reaches high speeds whilst doing this elegantly, and then it also is superbly nimble, evading its predators lucidly.

That's a bit different than how a Hare or an Oryx cover their respective distances hmm, beyond comparison I think!

I remember riding those flat sands leaving Puros?, on the WR450. Not at full speed but enough to get sqiggly, maybe 130 or so.

Rowan came floating past me and that Kove was planted. I could have speeded up but I'd be looking for shit.

I was riding the best weapon, he was riding the best couch.

And after 10 days on the WR, I would have killed for that couch.

I remember riding those flat sands leaving Puros?, on the WR450. Not at full speed but enough to get sqiggly, maybe 130 or so.

Rowan came floating past me and that Kove was planted. I could have speeded up but I'd be looking for shit.

I was riding the best weapon, he was riding the best couch.

And after 10 days on the WR, I would have killed for that couch.

Well Bart is a bit of a couch potato. :ROFLMAO: 😉 Interestingly he chose his 500 for the recent Nam trip not the Chinese Springbok, wise move as to haul the Kove through Van Zyl's and Robbie's passes would have been a handful with inevitable collateral damage 🫣

he was riding the best couch

I think so too, and not only because of the sublime suspension but also due to Dion Korkie's seat.

wise move as to haul the Kove through Van Zyl's and Robbie's passes would have been a handful with inevitable collateral damage

I did the full day Van Zyl's on the Kove - but with Hardy's trip!
It was warm that day, and the runup to it (from Marble to Marble, it was a loop) was (read: is) rather loose & rocky, so I was tired when finished, quite like anyone else was that day.
The Kove was fine there though.
It would have been a handful over Robbie's Pass and likely be damaged on the skidplate......... so Gideon told me I better bring my 500 - that is what friends are for! (y)

And @Psycho Porra , this is what a proper throne looks like - and Dion knows the sizes.
Remind him to cut off those two funny things at the back, and round the seat-pan off there? 👌
He did on mine & @FredK 's, they're the same - see below.

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

I think so too, and not only because of the sublime suspension but also due to Dion Korkie's seat.

I did the full day Van Zyl's on the Kove - but with Hardy's trip!
It was warm that day, and the runup to it (from Marble to Marble, it was a loop) was (read: is) rather loose & rocky, so I was tired when finished, quite like anyone else was that day.
The Kove was fine there though.
It would have been a handful over Robbie's Pass and likely be damaged on the skidplate......... so Gideon told me I better bring my 500 - that is what friends are for! (y)

And @Psycho Porra , this is what a proper throne looks like - and Dion knows the sizes.
Remind him to cut off those two funny things at the back, and round the seat-pan off there? 👌

View attachment 913112

View attachment 913113

View attachment 913114

View attachment 913115

Sure sounds like you are "touching the dream" :LOL:
Screenshot 2024-09-04 132011.png

View attachment 913112

Do you mean cut of those butt cheeks - shem! ... are you sure you are not actually castrating it?! :ROFLMAO:

I had the chance to really inspect this bike today.. its impressive

Two questions Murray:
- only now???
- would I lie to you?
I said this very recently to someone else, "I like telling you I told you so!" 😋

PS: if the answer on the 2nd one is Yes then please keep that off this forum and rather PM me, otherwise my ill-gotten & rotten reputation here is even further down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
KOVE will indeed release such a sidecover with sightglass soon, they're currently busy testing their design.
The pics above show an aftermarket cover, not Kove's.
I'd be tempted to buy it if I didn't know Kove would bring one out themselves... so I'll wait for that one.

Two questions Murray:
- only now???
- would I lie to you?
I said this very recently to someone else, "I like telling you I told you so!" 😋

PS: if the answer on the 2nd one is Yes then please keep that off this forum and rather PM me, otherwise my ill-gotten & rotten reputation here is even further down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, your reputation is safe Bart.. :LOL: Im very keen to swing my leg over a Kove but the budget is not there so Ill have to admire from far for now