my most difficult trail ride where a WR450 even caught fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
After a day like today i just posted the ride report on this blog.  I am to tired to copy the pictures onto the site
Don't worry it's small size and won't eat up your bandwith

https://cassierides.blogspot.com/2011/05/trail-ride-where-wr450-caught-fire.html

We got such a fright that a WR250 can catch fire so quickly in the field.  My friend was lucky that his bike escape the inferno!

Ja, I like the 2strokes :thumleft:
Cassie, that was a lekker ride! The sort of thing we like to do here in Stellenbosch, so if you are ever in the area, call me, we'll go riding.

2SD everything that i've learned the past year with bike riding was thrown out completely out of the window!  This was nogal erg gewees.  Baie lekker but adrinaline just kept flowing through my veins. 

eendag sal ek julle join!! One thing i've learned is that adventure could be just a step away from your front door.  Even with only 26km that took us 3h26 minutes on my track log was full of obstacles and unforeseen situations

I am uploading a higher gigapixel photo just after the WR fire was extinguished

Great stuff, Cassie.  Many years ago I explored that area on foot.  There were little tracks all over the bush.  Wonderful place!
Thanks for the report.

100_2073-1.jpg

100_2068.jpg

Crossed up we were in such a hurry to get out of that bushes because if the fire of the WR 450 was blazing out of control we had to escape because the high flames started to lighten up the grass that was underneath the bike.  We must be fortunate to life in such a good town. 

There is so much people with motorbikes like myself that if going bigger I might miss the adventure around us. 

Uploaded a higher resolution pic of the wr.  Poor marius on the left couln't believe what just happended.  I wanted to take a snapshot while bike was on fire but felt it was just not appropriate by not helping and rather take photos.  But it happened so quickly! 

Eish ball en chain ek mis  die forum ou mater! Ek sosialize meestal in die aande. Kry nie tyd vir die interweb nie maar nou dat die winter intree sal ek seker jan tuisbly se kar moet klim

cassiebotha said:
Eish ball en chain ek mis  die forum ou mater! Ek spykeralize meestal in die aande. Kry nie tyd vir die interweb nie maar nou dat die winter intree sal ek seker jan tuisbly se kar moet klim

fixed ou cas... kaas dit en geniet dit  : :bounce:  :la: :pot:  en als dit min, sit homin, en als jy kla, hou hom daa.. :deal:

briv jy het presies getik wat ek gewonder het of ek dit moet tik :thumleft:  Vlym skerp!.  My heupe!!!!! is al seer

Cassie: MOOI MAN!!!  :thumleft: Lekker ride report.

I love these epic trips. Amazing that you managed to save the burning bike, that must have been touch and go. Amazingly tough bikes those WR's, to be able to ride it after being burnt. What was the cause were the guys able to work it out?

I also love the riding boots in this picture, where can you buy them?  ;) :imaposer:

100_2085.jpg

bluebull2007
Your name is awsome....My kick ass (exept for saturday)  Just got back to the WD forum now!  The petrolpypie (overflow) was leaking petrol onto the eksaust pyp...  On the impact it bursted into flames.  Daai oom het sy enkel gebreek last week with that bootse!