My new XR650L. Alot of fun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLRFegen

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I picked up my new toy yesterday, must say it felt soooo good to be back on a lighter bike. Lot more fun.  :biggrin:

Got the bike with a long range tank and a Yoshi pipe, gives a nice grunt but its not as crazy loud as my Airage I had on my KLR (that was a crazy loud pipe - when I used to go under the bridge in Germiston I would close off the throttle and enter the bridge quietly...people would be walking under the bridge talking to each other, as I got about three metres in I would drop down a gear and rip that throttle open, pop the front wheel and the Airage would be so loud under that bridge and the people walking under there would get such a fright they would jump into the road, some would even just start running in any direction...aaah so funny)

Thanks to Honday Kayalami who gave me a generous 32km's of petrol. I wound up running out of juice on the highway about 7 km's from my house  :imaposer:

So there I was phoning the wife and asking her to please bring me some petrol, I can tell you she was not impressed. She was already all confused as to why I needed to have another bike  :biggrin:

As the fates have it I am stuck at work today doing budgets, so no riding bike  :mad: but next weekend I’m off the do the 4 x 4 route outside Heidelberg area. Can’t wait....

Concerns/Mods:
Seems that the bike setup by Honda Kayalami is running very rich. I can smell the petrol when I am idling.
I will need to put on a set of Pro taper handle bars...quickly J
• Who is the Wild Dog expert on the XR’s in the Gauteng area. I would like to go past there and see what other mods I can do on my new baby.

Other than that I am very happy with the R56k I spent on a brand new machine.

Attachments

• XR2.jpg
    XR2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 414
  • XR1.jpg
    XR1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 408