My Norway Round - from Finland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lekker Rieks...goeie werk. Dis bleddie mooi daar.  :thumleft:

Samou - yes during their summer which is June - end Aug the temperatures are average 17-22 degrees. Great riding weather. We were very lucky - the week before i arrived it was raining the entire week. We never had a drop of rain. Imagine on a bike and camping with rainy weather. The day i returned the bike i was riding in a drizzle of rain.  :ricky: Ian - we were also fortunate to see the sail boats arriving in Helsinki for the annual Tall Ships race.

Attachments

• 8x.jpg
    8x.jpg
    110 KB
  • 7x.jpg
    7x.jpg
    88.8 KB
More pics ..
Thomas from Poland - bike with no engine.
Approaching Stockholm

Attachments

• 29x.jpg
    29x.jpg
    134.7 KB
  • 80x.jpg
    80x.jpg
    61.2 KB
The Ferry inside - with some cabins overlooking the shopping area

Attachments

• 54x.jpg
    54x.jpg
    132.1 KB
  • 117x.jpg
    117x.jpg
    143.5 KB
  • 124x.jpg
    124x.jpg
    146.6 KB
  • 336x.jpg
    336x.jpg
    73.1 KB
Rieks,

I just want to correct one thing about your report.  :imaposer:

You do not have a "bucket list".

A bucket list is for someone, who is dying and needs to experience life, by accomplishing activities, they know they will not be able to get to before their passing on.

You are living and experiencing life on a daily basis.
You know what you want and when you want it and how to take it.
You are doing what many of us can only do from our armchairs or when paging through magazines.
You are doing it for those who can only dream.

Needless to say, the only other dissapointment with your RR, is the fact that you never experienced the thrill of the ride on a BMW1200 GS. 
:headbang: :paw: :wav: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :salut: :wav: :paw: :headbang:

Hey Cono thanks for your reply my friend. Believe me - never mind the KTM - i would have loved to do this trip on a 1200GS and specially the one you bought from me :ricky:. The 600FZ was a great bike but you sit very low and it made my legs very tired. For 10Euros more a day .. and beer so fricken expensive already - i had to stick with the Yamaha else i could not have a few beers on the trip!. :peepwall:

Thanks for sharing, fantastic pics....

One day......have just seen so many ride reports from chaps living in Europe and believe me, lots and lots of rain, so you got it done at the best time obviously!

Lovely RR Rieks! Quite educational! Thanks!

Very nice indeed. Had a Norwegian on training with me in Italy and he reckons that depression is a problem there, in winter. Summer looks awesome there.
Thanks for sharing.