National Bash 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think they had fun

but i want my meccano set back >:D :biggrin:

Eina!! No damage to either of them? Bike looks like it could have taken some

Well the pannier took a bit of a beating and the one spot light bracket bent. and a scratch here and there. These Adventures crash well :thumleft:
My dad still rode the bike back to Durban with no issue.
It has however gone in for the Insurance inspection and they are fixing R62 000 worth of stuff. The Panniers alone are R20 000 and a bunch of other shit. When they done the bike will be brand new though :ricky: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Crash well? Thats depends how you crash them, mine ended up with R180 000 worth of damage, needless to say it was written off

How did he lose it like that? I watched it over a few times and couldnt figure out what happened

The front wheel slips out 1st on the sand and rut, then he either takes his right foot of the footpeg or it slips of (debatable), and this causes the whole bike to start wobbling. The whole crash happens in about 3seconds!!

The onus is on the driver at the back to always miss the front driver no matter what the front one does.  I will give an oke a PK if he ever ride over my. His job is to assure he never crashes into me. Simple as that.

KiLRoy said:
The onus is on the driver at the back to always miss the front driver no matter what the front one does.  I will give an oke a PK if he ever ride over my. His job is to assure he never crashes into me. Simple as that.

:lol8:
I have a pic in my mind  :ricky:
The few times I have ridden with oke's out in the bundu I have asked them not to hang around me. I am not a neat rider and mostly let the bike runs where it wants to as long as it is going  in the general direction I am travelling  :ricky:

subie said:
KiLRoy said:

I have a pic in my mind   :ricky:
The few times I have ridden with oke's out in the bundu I have asked them not to hang around me. I am not a neat rider and mostly let the bike runs where it wants to as long as it is going  in the general direction I am travelling  :ricky:
+1  Subie... If you ride near me, it's like being near a minibus.... I stop for nothing and often wander all over the road! :laughing4:

subie said:
KiLRoy said:
The onus is on the driver at the back to always miss the front driver no matter what the front one does. I will give an oke a PK if he ever ride over my. His job is to assure he never crashes into me. Simple as that.

I have a pic in my mind   :ricky:
The few times I have ridden with oke's out in the bundu I have asked them not to hang around me. I am not a neat rider and mostly let the bike runs where it wants to as long as it is going  in the general direction I am travelling  :ricky:

Thats the point J, oke at back must allow for front oke to do whatever he wants without risk of collision

spoedvark said:
Be glad it was your dad and not me you rode into, Coolbreeze!!!

Okes 1st of all... I was leading right up the front, and I ride a Honda  :ricky:

2ndly, we were riding closer than usual on purpose to get some lekker gopro footage in. The area was lekker, the terrain was flat so you could see far ahead and this just happened at the wrong time  :ricky: The pictures show the area allot better. There was cattle up ahead of us in the road, and for those that know the transkey will know the sort of grass land i'm talking about.

I can guarantee you that most okes going at that speed, with a bigger bike like that 950, on loose sand would not be able to stop in the space that Marc stopped that Katoom. The reason he drops the bike on my dad is because he is a short guy and couldn't get his foot down in time. He literally went from about 50/60kmph to standing still in about 5-7 meters. That was skill :thumleft: :thumleft:

Anyway.... :thumleft: :thumleft:

some pics I came across

Attachments

• IMG-20130921-00935.jpg
    IMG-20130921-00935.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG-20130920-00908.jpg
    IMG-20130920-00908.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Coffee Bay-20130919-00893.jpg
    Coffee Bay-20130919-00893.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 142