New Couple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Good day all

My name is Warren, my wifes name is Natalie and we both ride BMW650's, mines the Dakar version, hers standard black GS.

I am back on a bike after 20 years odd, was one of those kids lucky enough to have a bash a motox courtesy of my old man's cash,  and Natalie learned to ride about a year ago on a TW200 (we had 2, and very sorry I sold them both).

We have been exploring the Western Cape a bit in the last year, some rides with the BMW club, but mostly on tar and we have just recently started exploring some of the dirt roads and back roads although at a rather slower pace, but we'll get there. I promised her we would do everthing at her pace, but she improves with every ride.

Been looking here quite often for the last few months and have recently found out I am a lurker or something, but what ever it is it doesn't sound nice so here we are.

I have also recently become part of a mid life crises support group consisting of 5 "old toppies" who in a beer enduced conversation decided we would all get KDX200's and take part in an actual enduro within 8 months. I am working on that with the missus (minister of finances).

It was horrifying to discover I am a "veteran" when I started looking into race licences etc......