NEW! DR200SE / Djebel 200 swingarm pivot needle bearing conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lecap

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Does your DR200's rear suspension pivot make squeaky noises? Does the bike wobble and feel imprecise when you hit a bump while cornering?

This is caused by the cheapo plastic swingarm pivot bushes. They are really cheap crap and belong into the bin as they already have play when they come from the factory and wear rapidly from this point.

After some experiments with high tech sintered bronze bushings I developed the Le Cap DR200 needle bearing swingarm pivot conversion:

The kit consists of two precision needle bearings and two inner races and costs R 499. The kit replaces the plastic bushings and old inner races. It allows to grease the swingarm pivot together with the cushion lever bearings at the specified service intervals instead of replacing them and improves the handling and stability of the bike.

Fitment can be done at my workshop and includes servicing of the cushion lever bearings for R 400. DIY fitment is possible for a skilled and well tooled mechanic.

I will add a picture soon.