New Scala software and App

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friggs

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I received an e-mail from Scala to say they have created a new mobile app for both iPhone and Android that allows you to not only change the devices settings on your phone but also control things like your hot-dial, music, intercomm (making new connections), Bluetooth, etc. The only thing, you must first update your devices firmware to version 2 via connecting the unit to your PC and visiting the Scala community site.

The firmware update was easy and I am actually enjoying the new app. They added 3 extra hot-dial slots via the app, changing settings used to be done by connecting the device to your PC and visiting your profile on the website but now it's a simple case of using the app on your phone which is so much more convenient. A lot of the features are useful if you, like me, have your phone mounted on the bars because stopped at a robot or something I can easily enough change something or make a quick connect comm, etc.

My favourite thing... it's shows the unit's battery level!

If you have a Q3, Q1, etc. then I would definitely suggest doing the firmware update and installing the app to have a look, it actually does more than I thought it would when I saw the e-mail.

Link to Android app

Attachments

• Scala.jpeg
    Scala.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 113