New to dual sport - from Port Elizabeth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dirt Yarpie

Although I've been a member of Wilddogs for a while now I'm rather new to the dual sport or adventure biking scene. I have had a number of bikes over the years but last had a bike in about 1990. The list is as follows; 1972 - Suzuki AS50; 1975 - Yamaha DT Trail 250; circa 1979 Suzuki SP370; circa 1982 Honda CX500; 1990 Suzuki Katana 650. Earlier this year I purchased a BMW F650GS (800 twin). To be perfectly honest, I was quite intimidated by the sheer size of the Beamers and hence settled for something I felt was manageable on normal dirt roads. recently I considered upgrading and that must be the most difficult thing to do...decisions, decisions, descions! Eventually after a test ride I took the plunge and purchased another BMW ...this time the 1200 Adventure.  So far so good...I LOVE it!!! I have a few buddies who ride regularly and hopefully I'll get some good experience before April nest year ...I'm planning a ride into Namibia. I've done a few trips in the past but never on a bike. I'm hoping to be able to allow about ten days coinciding with one or two of the public holidays. So if anyone is keen to do something similar, please let me know.

Added a current picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0009a.jpg
    IMG_0009a.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts