Newbie Botswana Namibie trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pom17

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I and a few friends are attempting to do a trip from Harrismith through Botswana and Namibie to Swakopmund and back down again. Everyone has a family Xmas so we will only be able to leave on 26th Dec and will have to be back by 7th Jan. So that will give us 13 days in total to do the trip.  We want to spend new year’s in Swakop, so that will give us about 5 days up and then 5 days back again.

We only have a 2x4 Hilux as backup vehicle.
For all of us going this will be the first big enduro trip on a bike and for some also the first time visiting our neighbouring countries.

This pic shows a rough outline of the route we want to follow, so it is not a definite route. We would also prefer to do gravel most of the time if possible.

TripDes.png

Do you guys think it’s possible or is the time to little?
I would appreciate it if anyone can give me coordinates of places to stay and route suggestions or maybe provide me with a RR that followed the same route. We have to do the route anti-clockwise though (some people joining halfway etc.)

Any other suggestions and criticism welcome  :thumleft: