ITCHY BUTT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
My friend and I must suffer from itchy butt , we are hardly back from a trip and the next one is being planned ! I am the one with the ideas and plans , he just pitches up and rides .
For this weekend coming we are doing things a little side ways if one can call it that . So here is the route plans for this weekends ride , yes we do end up in the same place often as our final destination . but we like the place .
Saturday morning at 6.30 we start our engines and head out of Kempton park towards Bapsfontein , we carry on and pass Delmas and use the R50 all the way to Standerton , here we will fill up , 170 kilos from home .
Just before exiting Standerton we turn off on the R546 heading to Vrede , from Vrede we make our way to Memel . From here we have about 10 kilos of dirt road to tackle as we head to Verkykerskop on the R772 . Verkykerskop will be our breakfast stop 337 kilos done .
After breakfast we ride on to join the N3 at Harrismith , use this all the way down Van Reenen's pass , nice fast sweepers , pass the Tugela toll gate and at Bergville plaza we leave the N3 .
heading to Bergville on the R616 , Bergville will be our next fuel stop ( TOP UP) 150 ks .
From Bergville its the last leg of the days ride , up the R74 past Little Switzerland and Olivier Hoek pass , Sterkfontein dam , and then via Goldengate park to our final destination Clarens .
We have secured accommodation at HIGHLAND QUATERS , Its central in Clarens , has a onsite restaurant and breakfast is included with the accommodation .
the rooms are awesome and if you looking this place is worth considering .
After breakfast we will head home . possibly via Frankfort . but that is Sundays decision .