Newbie ride - Somerset West - Overberg - maybe Malgas? SAT 21-4-12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
OK. I want to go for a lekker relaxed ride in the overberg area. Any newbies who want to join me for some easy gravel highway cruizing are welcome.

I would like to leave Somerset West area by 7:30.

The plan is then to do the following - but I am open to suggestions from those who know the area.

Somerset West
Gordons Bay
R44 to Kleinmond
Then some dirt past the De Bos dam and onto the Hemel and Aarde pad to Hermanus
Then on to Stanford and then dirt roads to Cape Aghulas via Baardskeerdersbos and Elim

From Aghulas maybe to Bredasdorp and on to Malgas ( I do not know the area , so any one who does - please comment)

As I said , all are welcome. Newbies too.
I will stop often and wait for the slower riders. I will not get gatvol if you are slow.

But I will not take responsibilty for your safety. You need to be self sufficient as far as money for food and fuel. Should you fall I will do my best to assist , but any transport of you or your bike back to civilization and/or hospital will be for your own account.

While I do not mind assisting with flat wheels - I would at least expect you to have the minimum of tools to remove your bike's wheels and fix punctures.

There - that is quite a mouthfull.

Comments are welcome. For those who know the area - please post must see places and routes.

UPDATE :

OK, meet at World Of Accessories Somerset West at 7:00 for coffee and rusks.
Then hit the road at 7:30.

Participants :

1. Hando
2. Bernoulli
3. Rudi B - maybe
4. David
5. George & Pillion - maybe.
6. R-O-V-Rat - for a bit
7. Buff - if not too hungover :Wink:
8. WC
9. Bailey - from Kleinmond
10 . Dusty Rusty en Nismark ??? ??? ???