North of Pretoria Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiledog_X

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
for a while now, i've wanted to visit the dirt roads where i grew up around the Kameeldrift-East, Roodeplaat & Pyramid areas. So this past Sunday i rode out that way, wanted to see what had become of the trails in the last decade.... and i was pleasantly surprised! i found some nice hard dirt roads, where i could open the DR up, with some rocky technical stuff in between. then, coming to the train yards at Pyramid the dirt was replaced with a boring tar road. i turned around and crossed the railway lines... and found a very nice MX/Quad track, near the N1 highway. i spent some time there, going around the track, up and down some of the awesome hills before heading back. i'll definitely go play there again, and there's still a lot of other roads around there i haven't checked out. but the mx track is definitely recommended!

Attachments

• DSC02571.JPG
    DSC02571.JPG
    147.6 KB
  • DSC02572.JPG
    DSC02572.JPG
    110.7 KB
  • DSC02573.JPG
    DSC02573.JPG
    141.5 KB
  • DSC02574.JPG
    DSC02574.JPG
    153.3 KB
  • DSC02577.JPG
    DSC02577.JPG
    135.5 KB
lekker place to play, if you follow the railway tracks you end up close to rayton,

always fun  :thumleft:

madmike999 said:
lekker place to play, if you follow the railway tracks you end up close to rayton,

yeah i want to go around that way next time. we usually do the Boschkop area, and the railroad is a nice link between those areas.

madmike999 said:

... and if you head in the other direction you end up close to De Wildt. 

Riding through the "MotoX" track, heading north you can turn left onto the first tar that cross your way.  This road becomes dirt again once you crossed the Highway.  End up in Dinokeng towards Kwa Mahlanga and Rust De Winter "play areas".

thanks Jagermeister - will surely check it out next time!

hey sidetrack - the tank seems okay for now... hopefully it lasts until i can afford a replacement!

Ja that mx track is a lekker plek to play :biggrin:
If you come from the train tracks and just ride through the mx track, you will see there is a rocky road going out and then past N1 4x4. If you follow that road till it becomes tar then you turn right go over the N1 and then it turns to dirt again. You can follow that road for about 25km past the military base until it ends in a T junction. Left is Hamanskraal, right is Boekenhoudskloof.
Go right. You will find another 4x4 off road track in about 5km. If you then contune past that track you will get the Moloto Road again. I haven't ridden that 2de 4x4 track yet but that road leading there is really fun to ride. :ricky:

Here is a pic of the T junction when I did a solo ride to Renosterkop Dam.

Attachments

• klr t junktion.jpg
    klr t junktion.jpg
    246.2 KB