Not too new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeeBs

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
Hey guys, I'm not entirely new. I've met a good bunch of people and I'm having a great time here.

Now I'm not sure if I should post this here but here goes. It's not a ride report per se, more like a small warning for new guys.

Anyway I went for a ride with one of the Dogs  about a week or so back. Being new and in-experienced, I unfortunately misjudged the track we were on and I came off. I landed awkwardly and unfortunately tore the tendons/ligaments off my shoulder. I have just returned home after the operation ( that went well ).

I have about 6 month phsio ahead of me before I can ride again but nevertheless I'll be back on

I'm not talking to my bike just yet but we'll be in love again soon  :biggrin:

Basically the point of my post is this:

Unless you are skilled and experienced - slow down, take in the scenery and enjoy the ride.
If I'd gone a bit easier, I'd have enjoyed a good brekky instead of hospital food
Biking for me is about relaxation, I shouldn't have tried to push it
Wear the gear, I thankfully had body armour on otherwise it would have been much worse, my foot twisted and was definately saved by my boots
Ride with a mate, If I was alone, I have no idea how I would have ridden home

**If you are new, try to find a route where the tar road is not too far away, if you get into trouble, you can walk to a tar road to get help. This was particularly true for my accident, the road was very close to where I came off. I walked to the road and Paul rode my bike to it and that's where I started riding home**

Thanks for reading my ramble and ride safely guys!!

Attachments

• Al.jpg
    Al.jpg
    15.1 KB