Observed Trials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Steady

Went along to an observed trials meeting yesterday. Not a trialist myself I have been wanting to go along and watch for a while as it's something I did many many years ago. Bikes sure have evolved :eek:

Trials010.jpg

Trials005.jpg

Trials001.jpg

Trials013.jpg

Trials002.jpg

Trials008.jpg

Great way to improve skills.

Damn, this was the regional at the HNK thing here in Midrand.
I would have liked to go see them.

I can,t see the Pics, what have you put them up with?

Welsh  8)

Steady, was this the one at Midrand, by the Quarry off Chloor rd?

Wanted to go but had the in-laws for Lunch.
I try to go see these events, but the always coincide with some or other thing happening.
Have not heard when the next one takes place yet

bmad said:

That's the one. By the looks of it that was the last meet of the season, might be some more not on the website. www.trials.co.za

Edit: No I was wrong there are more trials just have to fix their webpage. Sorry to those who cannot see the pic's, I use photobucket. ???

I've seen some videos of what these guys are capable of on these
bikes....doing almost the impossible...truly amazing stuff.

Steady said:
bmad said:

That's the one. By the looks of it that was the last meet of the season, might be some more not on the website. www.trials.co.za

Edit: No I was wrong there are more trials just have to fix their webpage. Sorry to those who cannot see the pic's, I use photobucket. ???

I use photobucket, so how come?

Welsh

I used to do the Classic Twin Shock events a few years back. Bliksems difficult and amazingly tiring. You rarely do more than a few k's during an event, but you feel the effects for a good few days afterwards.

What is the weight of those bikes?

Saw a few snippets on TV over time of those events. Amazing what they can do with it.

270 cc Beta weighs 71kg's dry. Fuel tank holds just a bit under 4 L. New 2007 bike costs R48000.00.

Steady,

I am on the market to find a small one to play with. A while back  i spent some time with John and Brent Le Riche.
Riding their bikes - very cool! :)

Photobucket seems to be having some trouble, i have a couple of pics and videos to share.

bmad said:
Steady,

I am on the market to find a small one to play with. A while back  i spent some time with John and Brent Le Riche.

Photobucket seems to be having some trouble, i have a couple of pics and videos to share.

So why have you not posted yet??? ;D I had a Gas Gas 250 in my Garage for about a year. What an amazing bike to play on. There is no where that these bikes cant go.....in the right hands of course ::)

bmad said:
Steady,

Bmad check out the website for trials at www.trials.co.za there you can get info for Graham Harris who imports the Beta bikes, lives up here in the big smoke. Then there is a guy in KZN who imports the Sherco range, think this was the Bultaco factory? might be wrong. Best to stick with a bike that you can get spares for anyway. Stay away from pre 2002 if you want to compete a bit as they are heavier models. Good 2nd bike will be in the order of 25k, oh and that's without the seat ;D ;D Let us know when you get one so we can all give it a test >:D

I review the site every now and then to see what is available and when the next event is.

John Le Riche also has a couple of second hand bikes that i am keen on looking at.. Just waiting for the right opportunity to make the decision. Also I do not want to spend too much on a toy!

This is me (trying out the easy stuff)
P1050157-1.jpg

This is Brent Le Riche (he can ride!)
P1050162.jpg

P1050165.jpg

Video of Brent