oil filler cap o- rings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lew

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Bad luck this afternoon, came back from my ride and felt something warm against my boot and leg, look down o f..k!!!!!!Oil filler cap gone,My whole leg and bike is full of oil, slowed down and stoped. Some hot steam smoke from hole where the cap was.Lucily I just pulled away from a robot so no high speed or revs on the throttle.Hope I did not f..k up the engine.Wive came with trailer loaded her up and back home we went.Filled about a litre of oil in again.Went back to where it happend and as true as you know what there the cap is lying,about 400 m from where I stopped.Put the touratech lockable piece of crap back but now when I start my bike it is blowing from the cap.Where do I get O rings for this.Do i only need a o ring for the cap or is there one that fits into the hole as well were one fits the cap.

Hope I did not do any harm to my baby, but what causes this?To much oil from previous fill up or just not having the cap secured well enough.