Ongeluks Nek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dylan said:
Thanks to all the riders this past week was a adventure always nice to meet new  riders. Thanks for all the good pics.
Hey Dylan (got the spelling right ;D) welcome to the forum.
Thank you again for the field repairs to the DR  :thumleft:
Just check your profile I think you might have clicked on the wrong bike there ;)

BLK said:
Sounds like you had a fantastic ride in a beautiful part of our country.Flip I wish I was 20 yrs younger.

thks
I was thinking the same thing when I was lying on my back halfway up Ongeluks Nek. :ricky:

COLES said:
beautiful just beautiful but to rugged for the Toppies from P E 
From what I hear there are some woes Toppies down there in the forgotten city :pot:

DikZol said:
Now that looks adventurous!  Well done for going back and getting it done!
Big tick next to that one. Think it's time to get a heavy bike again and stick to Free State Freeways :p

plaasjaap said:
It was very lekker sharing our 'back-yard' with you guys. Nice meeting and hoping this might be the first of many more rides. Thanks Jack and Dylan for showing us that there are BMW riders who can really ride and not just pose  :pot: En Evert op daardie Sertao!
As Arnie once said "I'll be back"  8)

Very impressive for an old toppie :)

Well done! Still one of my favourite passes. Letsi is also beatiful and in a Swiss type setting. Very few have the privilage of seeing it.  :thumleft:

Gorgeous photos!

Why is it so overgrown now? Are cars not allowed through there anymore?

Firecoast said:
Gorgeous photos!

4x4 only and very rarely (if ever) because of a wash away just after the border restricting access to two wheels only.

Well done guys, nice trip.

A bunch of adventure riders from Ladybrand tried this pass March 2013, it was wet and muddy. We got about 500m from the (spectacular) border post, but after sending a Garth to try the first climb (he turned back immediately) we all decided to head for Mata.

Attachments

• BMW F800GS 2013.jpg
    BMW F800GS 2013.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 390
Firecoast said:
Gorgeous photos!

No car is ever going up there unless it has a couple of JATO bottles strapped on.
Experience 4x4 drivers only.

De Chew said:
Firecoast said:
Gorgeous photos!

No car is ever going up there unless it has a couple of JATO bottles strapped on.

Stuart, we are actually going up there at the end of April with Land Cruisers- Annual Land Cruiser Club event which started in Kokstad area called "Cruiser Cup"

Shouldn't have any hassles unless it gets wet.

Jack Nel said:
De Chew said:
Firecoast said:
Gorgeous photos!

Cruisers won't have any problem there. Make sure you don't take any Landys with  :pot:

Stuart, we are actually going up there at the end of April with Land Cruisers- Annual Land Cruiser Club event which started in Kokstad area called "Cruiser Cup"

Shouldn't have any hassles unless it gets wet.

A few more pics.
There a 3 bikes in this pic see if you can spot the third.

Attachments

• IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 388