OU KAAPSE PAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Cape road in Port Elizabeth starts at the intersection of Rink Street where the great Horse Memorial stands Skokbreeker man and myself decided to see how far one could ride the OLD CAPE Road towards Cape Town

IMG_054.jpg

IMG_56.jpg

IMG_57.jpg

The Old Cape Road took us past the Old Thorn hill hotel

IMG%2094.jpg

IMG_93.jpg

IMG_93.jpg

Just before one enters the Van Stadens Pass you have the entrance to the Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve

IMG_99.jpg

IMG_97.jpg

Skokbreeker man taking a break

IMG_96.jpg

Gamtoos at its best

IMG_92.jpg

Humansdorp and still on the Old P E to Cape Town road

IMG_90.jpg

Crossing the N2

IMG_084.jpg

IMG_83.jpg

IMG_085.jpg

Eersterivier and still on the Old Cape town road some 65 km from Humansdorp

IMG_82.jpg

Turn Of to Robbehoek great dirt road to ride

IMG_81.jpg

IMG_081.jpg

Exit Old Cape Town Road from Witelsebos and travel for 11km on the N2 to Storms River

IMG_80.jpg

Whilst in the area we decided to check on Chuck Berry and Elvis in Storms River Village

IMG_79.jpg

079.jpg

Lyk my Charles Jacoby saam met Elvis was in Cuba to ons daar gestop het  We traveled a few more Kilos on the N2 and turned off to Coldstream towards Bloukraans

IMG_78.jpg

Entrance to Bloukraans

IMG%2076.jpg

IMG_75.jpg

Bloukrans

IMG_074.jpg

Ek sit hier

IMG%2071.jpg

IMG_70.jpg

IMG_61.jpg

IMG_63.jpg

IMG_64.jpg

After exiting Bloukrans Pass we again crossed the N2 and traveled some 14 km before we rode down the G root Rivier pass into Natures Vally

IMG_66.jpg

Flood damage to the bridge at the bottom of Grootriver pass leading into Natures Vally

well dogs one can travel some 193km on the old Cape Town Port Elizabeth road without using the N2 

IMG_65.jpg

GREAT DAY GREAT RIDE GREAT FRIEND

Very nice trip and pics COLES. Any chance they will repair the bridge do you think ?
Always loved riding that road in the cage

Aaah monkeyboy and myself did a lot of this road this past December, but got told that Bloukrans was closed, so we didn't manage that part.

Beautiful road  :thumleft:

I have ridden the Bloukraans pass a couple of times since it has been officially closed, and judging from the amount of repair work taking place they must surely be planning to re-open it sometime.
What seems a pity to me is that you are forced to leave the old R102 and take to the N2 to cross the storms river. The old pass is before my time in RSA, but I would be fascinated to find its original route. I know that one can take a paid tractor trip from the other end at Storms River Village, but I wonder whether the original route can still be ridden, even 'illegally' like the Bloukraans. Anyone have any info?