Oxs Lesotho Adventure ( solo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great ride Ox and report excellent.

Brings back that longing for the Lesotho ride again - really awesome place!

Nice OX  :thumbsup:

Those pics of the rivercrossing on the ferry (boat) looks soooooo scary !
Good pictures though......

doubleoseven said:
OX said:
The following morning ( Monday ) I packed up early and hit the dirt , heading north , exited Lesotho via Peka and followed the dirt back to the big smoke.

Nice one to read! You especially seemed to have breezed through on the "ferry" in Lesotho - and managed to knock the price down to R50 - I have read elsewhere that some people paid 50% more on that same ferry and seemed to have had a much more terrifying ordeal  >:D

Wrt the ride back from Peka to Heilbron (Vyandsvlei), did you manage to do it 100% of the way on dirt? - If so, what route did you take?

I would have paid a lot more , but like the kms in Lesotho are a lot longer , the rand streaches a lot further.

attached is my track log from the monday.

Attachments

• 20080324.gpx
    248.8 KB
Very Nice Ox :thumleft:

That crossing at Senqu is a beast of a crossing!
We, mistakenly, crossed that river with it flowing like that it it ended up costing RTR a small fortune to fix  >:D >:D

But it was good fun.

You have brought back many memories  ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1.JPG
    IMG_1.JPG
    74.5 KB
bmad said:

We, mistakenly, crossed that river with it flowing like that it it ended up costing RTR a small fortune to fix  >:D >:D

But it was good fun.

there is something very wrong here , if there is a change you might not make , surley you ride across in shorts , flops and no helmet ?

OX said:
bmad said:

But it was good fun.

there is something very wrong here , if there is a change you might not make , surley you ride across in shorts , flops and no helmet ?

there is only one way to learn.... 

... the hard way  ;D

Great trip, love the ferry, well done

OX said:
I would have paid a lot more , but like the kms in Lesotho are a lot longer , the rand streaches a lot further.

attached is my track log from the monday.

Thanks for the trax, Mr Ox!

Awesome tour Ox... I see the M2R did a good job also.  It's the way to go!

Ox super ride with that "hairy" ferry crossing and all of that "mud" great stuff.  ;)

AWESOME OX
This report is the stuff legends are made of
Next time I want to join , lets see if the kid can hid two birds with one stone

this place brings back memories,,,we had the same trouble but luckily we were 4 bikers and it meant we'd take one bike at a time, all four of us together

Attachments

• sani 024.jpg
    sani 024.jpg
    34.6 KB
GIDEON said:
AWESOME OX
This report is the stuff legends are made of
Next time I want to join , lets see if the kid can hid two birds with one stone
I have now purchaced the long range katty and some pepper spray.

Latest posts