P E ADDO SHAMWARI EAGLE CRAGGS DOUBLE DRIFT NATURE RESERWE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Early Sunday morning set of to meet the Toppies at our normal gathering point  assisted by grandson who is still asleep

IMG_0379.jpg

what a beauty

IMG_0381.jpg

Traveled  north riding  all the back streets of P E          short stop at Barkly Bridge

IMG_0382.jpg

the smell of oranges filled the air as we road past the Hugh plantation of oranges tree,s full of ripe fruit

IMG_0385.jpg

As we entered Addo it started to rain but as Dick said we left in the dark there was no sight of rain

we stop at Lenmore for tea/coffee and like normal Dick had left his tea cosy behind

We had traveled for about 10minutes and as we approached the Zoo Berg in turn off i noticed something in the bush

There he stood in all his glory now i dont know how many have been pierced by one of those big white thorns but this fellow moved freely amongst the bush 

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

Entry to Shamwari where we were warned about LI ONS in the area but as Roberto explained we are all old and our meat is tough the LI  ONS would pass us by

IMG_0390.jpg

Roberto about to speak to somebody about the LI  ONS

IMG_0394.jpg

Dick about to try and make this young game ranger believe he was born in the late 60,s and was in line to run
spar when Horsey retired

IMG_0395.jpg

Well the Toppies changed the flat wheel on the Rangers Toyota

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Amazing all the shop (3) where closed but THE BOTTLE STORE WAS OPEN

We proceeded towards Grahamstown but as we were riding into the rain we decided to head to Alexandria and home very wet Toppies

IMG_0403.jpg

GREAT RIDE GREAT FRIENDS

P/S VUILBAARD HURT HIS BACK AND STAYED IN BED

/

nothing dampers all your spirits when on an outride and a little hug from a damsel in distress can only boost the egos. :thumleft:

lekka man, you ouens must post the routes too, some kief rides..

THINGS NEVER GO SMOOTHLY WE ALL FILLED IN OUR NAME CELL NO AS WE ENTERED THE RESERVE

RECEIVED A CALL FROM A FELLOW TELLING ME THAT WE ARE IN DANGER RIDING IN THE RESERVE AS THE LI  ONS HAVE BEEN SEEN VERY CLOSE TO THE ROAD WE TRAVELED ON

SO THE SHORT CUT IS BLOCKED

Casting from Turd said:
He is talking Kak man.
However if you do happen upon mr Loeow then take pics please!!

CFT,I hear you left your bike at Bushmans and caught a lift back with the women due to a fine sprinkle of rain  :lol8:

DRAZIL said:
Casting from Turd said:
He is talking Kak man.
However if you do happen upon mr Loeow then take pics please!!

CFT,I hear you left your bike at Bushmans and caught a lift back with the women due to a fine sprinkle of rain  :lol8:

Yep, fine sprinkle??  Granpa talking kak again?????

The wife and I rode through Shamwari in December and were warned at the same gate about the lions. Only we came from the other side and was about to exit the reserve. Nobody said anything about lions when we entered. Lions can be dangerous if you are on a bike, but I have been wondering if some people are not just trying to prevent us from using that road. If the lions really was a problem they should have a clear warning to bikers displayed for all to see.
Anyway, it was a public road before the reserved opened, and still is, so it  should be accessible for all travellers.

There is a great sign stuck behind the gate warning about dangerous wild life including  LI  ONE,s but at our age we are already in the departure lounge we just want to live dangerously

The gate from the coast side of Shamwari opens at 6 in the morning (summer months } then one see,s all the wild life

On our way to Hogsback for our honeymoon we rode through  Committees Drift and Double drift.  Lekker 70 odd km section which spits you out right near Alice.

Got to go back and do it on the bike