P E ALICEDALE GRAHSTOWN GREAT FISH RIVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The Toppies were at it again this last Sunday with the mileage cover in one day reaching just over 500 km The plan was to meet at our normal spot and watch the main manne head out of town on their super bikes with the chicks perched on the back like budgies  jy check net G strings so many colors

Schoolboy waiting for gramps with his triple black  skuld buld hier is ons

DSCF2001.jpg

At our post

DSCF2009.jpg

There were two new manne that graced us with their presence the one oak is know to me as steering rack(Andre) with his new boney with a big hook on the front like landys  Steering rack is the 3rd from the left the other oak was on a Kawa 650 nice dude forgot his handel

DSCF2005.jpg

The Toppies like traveling on the back roads we not so steady on the bikes anymore

How the other people live

DSCF2012.jpg

The ride took us towards Addo onto Alice-dale where we has a short stop

DSCF2017.jpg

On the long dirt road towards Grahamstown we came across an illegally parked BMW that's what happens when you dont take care

DSCF2022.jpg

DSCF2029.jpg

Arrived safely in Grahamstown and had breakfast at the Wimpy then set off for  Fort Double Drift  ,Kwadwe Reserve, Great Fish river Fort Brown

DSCF2043.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

Entering Sam Knott reserve 

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2053.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

DSCF2055.jpg

Crossing the great Fish River in style ROBBERTO

DSCF2057.jpg

steering racks connection

DSCF2056.jpg

Loftie

DSCF2059.jpg

Vuilbaard the suspension man

DSCF2063.jpg

steering rack

DSCF2058.jpg

Schoolboy

DSCF2061.jpg

All safe even the old Toppies

DSCF2065.jpg

Bridge built in 1877

DSCF2070.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

Pa en seun  just great      lief vir jou pa Robberto    fitted with his leather pants he wore in 1943 knee caps and all

DSCF2074.jpg

what a happy group

DSCF2075.jpg

Dick at cruise speed

DSCF2079.jpg

Vuilbaard bring up the rear

DSCF2082.jpg

windgat Schoolboy

DSCF2086.jpg

Double drift just beautiful

DSCF2081.jpg

DSCF2083.jpg

Back on the black hard stuff all present even the Toppies

DSCF2089.jpg

Stopped in Grahamstown for water of course the youngsters had to eat

DSCF2090.jpg

I have spoken to BM about the hook I was told not to worry

Great adventure Great friends

Double Drift,my favorite hiding spot.Great ride you all had and great to see Lofty and Robbie enjoying :thumleft:
Did you guys go to the lookout on the cliffs,awesome view up there. :thumleft:

Heng lyk lekker man  :drif:

Nice one Keith. Never too old

I'm the one you used to fine on my Honda SS 50 (72cm3 conversion filed off on the barrel) in the 70's. You would take pity though and looked for the cheapest fineable  problem, no side stand to support bike. R5  :)

Lekker!!  :thumleft:

The road through the nature reserve - is it this one?? 

SAMKNOT_zps9387f2d3.jpg

I take it it is a public road and anyone can travel through there.

There are some gate but was not a problem as you can see by the photo,s at the main gate

Hey China

The piston melted a long time ago

speed on brother

Nice RR, COLES Did that ride last month but we came from Zuurberg side, Alicedale, Riebeek East through Kwandwe and Double Drift. Good ride and we have never had any problems at the game reserve gates. PS: You used to chase me in the bush behind the old Pick n Pay back in the early 80's, I was on a PE250 and if memory serves me right, you had a Maico or Husky? Good old days! :thumleft:

Hey China

Don't live in the past just look forward to your next ride

wait till i come out of the cupboard javascript:replaceText('%20O0',%20document.forms.postmodify.message);