Parklands sand learning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a lot of hard work to me....Trust me if you go faster in  that last video, its a totally different experience. As you said, it take some guts, (and ATGATT) but if you keep your head up your will fine.

Those road are nice, but like you said - challenging.

There's a nice big open piece, with roads leading to and from this section. It also has a thick 2 spoor sand track running all along this area. Perfect for practice, accessible to anyone.

See the pic below, area circled in red.

Attachments

• sandmap.JPG
    sandmap.JPG
    186.2 KB
Archangel said:

There's a nice big open piece, with roads leading to and from this section. It also has a thick 2 spoor sand track running all along this area. Perfect for practice, accessible to anyone.

That open section you are referring to leads to a sand highway which continues all the way to the bottom of Blouberg hill and is affectionately known as the pylon highway; it's approximately 5 or 6 clicks till you hit the fence at the end; where you hit a right and continue down a nice dirt road almost all the way to the quarry. In the old days we used to turn left and ride up Blouberg hill, but unfortunately the quads and 4 x4 okes fucked that up for us. The ride to the fence is quite a lekker ride with some deep sand and some pretty big whoops. If you like I can be your tour guide I know my way around there quite well. 

Rough Rider said:
Archangel said:

That open section you are referring to leads to a sand highway which continues all the way to the bottom of Blouberg hill and is affectionately known as the pylon highway; it's approximately 5 or 6 clicks till you hit the fence at the end; where you hit a right and continue down a nice dirt road almost all the way to the quarry. In the old days we used to turn left and ride up Blouberg hill, but unfortunately the quads and 4 x4 okes fucked that up for us. The ride to the fence is quite a lekker ride with some deep sand and some pretty big whoops. If you like I can be your tour guide I know my way around there quite well.   

So do I  ;)

The stretch beneath the Pilon Highway is a pretty long piece to do on a DS. I've done it a coupla times, but I much prefer it on my 450.

Hello Guys.

I know Sundays are mostly family days, but what are you guys doing on Sunday at 6 AM, or otherwise here from 16h00?

We normally only fool around for about 2 hours, so that we can be back home by 9 before the family wakes up.

We are normally stuffed after 2 hours anyway.  :mwink:

Pleco said:
Hello Guys.

I know Sundays are mostly family days, but what are you guys doing on Sunday at 6 AM, or otherwise here from 16h00?

We normally only fool around for about 2 hours, so that we can be back home by 9 before the family wakes up.

We are normally stuffed after 2 hours anyway.  :mwink:

I wana be at church just after 7am  ;)

So it's either Saturdays or Sunday arvie. Looks like there might be some rain Saturday, could be fun!

I have tennis leagues on Saturdays, and my church starts at a more decent 10h00.

Lets have a look at Sunday afternoon then.

I will try and confirm with Shredder and Buzz. If we get enough guys, we might be able to make 2 groups. 1 advanced, and 1 beginner?

L

Pleco said:
The last 400m or so was very heavy going!

This clip shows how the balancing practice helps in the heavy sand. If you can get going fast enough to get on the pegs.

[flash=480,385]https://www.youtube.com/v/r2U6p0ow-ug[/flash]

:imaposer: :imaposer: :thumleft:

9/11 on
Church starts at 9, but someone has to set up sound, pack out chairs etc. Plus I play in the worship band, so we usually jam a coupla songs before the time...
9/11 off

Don't think there's a need for two groups. It's good for mixed groups to ride together, dan kan die mense by mekaar leer.

buzzlightyear said:
Ek sal dit nie kan maak nie, het my nek seergemaak, Cataflam is my maatjie

Issie man, dis net jou ego  :ricky:

Jy't drie dae om te recover!!!

Ja nee, hy sit net aan.

Die muis stoters het maar swaar geblaas Sondag. Kry mos nie ander oefening nie!  :imaposer: