Parys De Aar Adventure Rally - 2011 (19 - 22 March ***fully booked***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalahariben

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Esteemed ladies and gentlemen

As some of you may know, I facilitate a quirky little off-road trip each year: since the demise of the real Paris Dakar, I orchestrate the Parys De Aar trip/ adventure / excursion each year.

This year's planning is to change a little bit of the approx. 1100 off-road kms between Parys and De Aar, and to change some of the accommodation (just to keep things interesting...).

Concept will again be for each participant to navigate him / herself along the route at own pace (I of course provide the GPS tracks), and to be completely self-sufficient (i.e. you need to carry everything you want to take on your own bike).

I'll (as always) try my very best to keep the pricing at the lowest possible peg - depending on how kind the accommodation providers are to me, I'll probably be able to offer the trip at approx. R2000 (incl. all camping accommodation, meals, back-up vehicle etc. ect. ect.) for the 4 days. Note that this excludes lunch, own fuel and drinks, as well as own arrangements to get back home from De Aar.

Tsk tsk you may say when mentioning the back-up vehicle - I must however note that we have until thus far needed it each year to cart an incapacitated bike back to Gauteng...

If you are interested in receiving the exclusive invitation for this adventure, you are most welcome to send your details to [email protected].

All the best!

Kalahariben

PS - of course all road-worthy bikes are welcome. (In fact - a trophy will up for grabs for the oldest / most radical / craziest bike to complete the trip - one of our members e.g. completed the trip on a 1950 BMW R50...). So long as you can do the 1100km off-road as well as the return home.