Photo's Vaal Dam flood gates + bike museum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Took a ride down to the Vaal dam on Saturday morning to see the sluice gates open on the Vaal dam. As can be seen quite few others had a similar idea. The water pouring out causes a huge water-spray so it is quite difficult to get a true idea of the volume of water pouring out. The best would be to view the wall from the air.
Some local farmers used their initiative and set up stalls selling meilies, boerewors rolls, icecream etc.

There is now a motorcycle museum in Deneysville which is worth a visit. Check out some of the grand-daddy's of off road riding.

Thanks for posting, I was there on Friday morning, serious water coming over that wall....
My boat locker on the Vaal River was flooded, ankle deep when I got there, had to evacuate our belongings.....Minor problem though compared to those poor souls who's houses/shacks got flooded....

Stuur bietjie van daai water vir die Suid-Kaap asb!

Adventurer said:
Thanks for posting, I was there on Friday morning, serious water coming over that wall....
My boat locker on the Vaal River was flooded, ankle deep when I got there, had to evacuate our belongings.....Minor problem though compared to those poor souls who's houses/shacks got flooded....
Are you still at Eligwa club?

Dale X said:
Adventurer said:
Are you still at Eligwa club?

Yup, with a flooded locker..... :mad:

Amazing power in that water....if anything the birds are having fun!!!

We could sure do with soem of that water in the E and S/Cape.... ???

Giraffe said:
Thanks for the cool pics :thumleft:

+1
free water to all EC dawgs....
collect from my house in Hilton KZN

can somebody please post a picture of the sun?

(hijack off.........)

Rode past there on the way back from Golden Gate yesterday
I have never seen so much traffic in that area.

The queue was from the Deneysville stop street all the way to the Villiers road, about 10 kays long, and stood still, madness!!