Pilanesberg in Winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splash

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
It was spectacular and fast – what a day for riding. No mud, graded roads and clear skies and the best way to spend a quit public holiday.

Four of us left 8:00am from Pinehaven Garage towards Magaliesberg. Mostly on tar except for a small section of dirt. Our first incident of the day took place there. A little slide and an off. Nothing serious - no mirrors even broken. Slowed down a bit, only a bit though.

Next was the ever technical Breedt’s Neck. Not so bad as some work had been done on the pass. Continuing on dirt we headed towards Marikana on some freshly graded roads past an Anglo Platinum mine.

After Marikana, the fun really started – full open throttle on wide flat sand roads – almost flying without actually having wings.

The roads became really sandy the further north we ventured. Not wanting the pleasure to end we continued until we had to turn or never make breakfast.

Too late it was already, lunch we had to have – a small price to pay for the mornings endeavours.

The return home was just as enjoyable. Headed to some hills and twisty roads. Koster arrived too quickly and a stop was made for some necessary drinks. Then flat out again.

The last section of pleasure was some winding roads towards Magaliesberg.

Arrived home at 3:30pm, not bad for a 400km breakfast. It was spectacular!

Pictures
PilanesbergJuneMap.jpg

PilanesbergJune157.jpg

PilanesbergJune149.jpg

PilanesbergJune146.jpg

PilanesbergJune143.jpg

PilanesbergJune137.jpg

PilanesbergJune135.jpg

Thanks it was great fun must do it again soon  :thumleft:

Splach you in my back yard.lets orgenice iets lekke in bushveld............

Charka said:
Splach you in my back yard.lets orgenice iets lekke in bushveld............
Just shout and I will be there!

Latest posts