pissing oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macduff

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
I am at a loss. and so is the mechanic working on the bike, and apparently one of the top yamaha mechanics in durban being consulted is as well.
when i ride at a constant speed in mid-rev range, example 100km/h (4000rpm), i have oil coming thru the breather pipe into the airbox and draining out the overflow. (this only once i stop, and idle)
the harder i ride, the more oil runs out.

first job was to change the piston/rings as apparently pressure blowthru was diagnosed, causing the oil to be pushed up and out the pipe.
no change.

second job was to replace the oil filter (primary and secondary) as oil wasnt being pumped up back to the resevoir fast enough.
no change.

third job. a sieve at the bottom of the crankcase was cleaned as it was apparently blocked from when i cooked my clutch, preventing oil being pumped up to the reservoir.
no change.

found a oil seal which had been inserted incorrectly - slightly damaged. this was thought to allow oil to pass from the clutch section to the crank-case.
no change.

i am still getting oil thru my breather pipe to the airbox, which then just leaks out.
its not a drop or two only, as some of you have witnessed before.
any ideas please?

for those that dont know, its a yamaha xt600e with a dry sump.