Plothonds "ROOF" training continues.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see the toe is not holding you up!  :biggrin:

Reports like these want me to do the dangerous thing and get a plastic bike as well.  :cool:

I agree JM I have just grabbed a autotrader to see what a nice second hand KTM plastic will set me back.

Plothond said:
Lito said:
Plothond, tell us about this plot to ride the Roof?

;D (looks like you had some fun hey)

Not to worry - the closest I'll get to the "Roof" is the one on my house !!!!  :)

Plottie, why so negative, You have 7 months to prepare. Come join me for the roof. There is no reason you cant do it.

Any other takers????

A few WFO's before then, and Silver class only.
Depending on how the WFO's go , I'm in.

Shark did the Montague National on the 5th and kaarked off but loved it. Will do a few more Nationals as well at the Winterberg and gauge fitness from there. But I definatley aim to do the Roof.

It would be cool to see a couple other WD's there.

That montague race looked lekka.
Next national enduro is in EL on the 2nd/3rd. But I have other plans for that week.

Next WFO is Weenen on the 28th June.

I'm sure we could convince Ufudo to ride with very little persuasion.

shark_za said:
That montague race looked lekka.
Next national enduro is in EL on the 2nd/3rd. But I have other plans for that week.

Next WFO is Weenen on the 28th June.

I'm sure we could convince Ufudo to ride with very little persuasion.

The problem with the WFO's for me is that they are all so far from CT. I am really keen to look at the Kei /EL National. Sorry for the hijack plottie. I will start a new thread for this rather.

Clockwork Orange said:
Plothond said:
Lito said:
Plothond, tell us about this plot to ride the Roof?

;D (looks like you had some fun hey)

Not to worry - the closest I'll get to the "Roof" is the one on my house !!!!  :)

Plottie, why so negative, You have 7 months to prepare. Come join me for the roof. There is no reason you cant do it.

Any other takers????

Make no mistake, I seriously considerd doing the ROOF 18 months ago on my quad but I was riding exceptionally well at that stage and my 450 Honda was race prepped. De-Wildt was a breeze and jumping off 2.5m high ledges was no problem.
But..... a two wheeler is different, there is an entirely different skill-set involved. There are conditions where a quad is easier to ride and others where a 2 wheeler is easier.
De-Wildt is getting easier but I still KARK-off in a big way. Until I can master the de-Wildt trails, there is no way I'll be fooling myself into attempting the ROOF.
Who knows - lets see what the next few months bring ........
... and I should shed a few kilo's as well first :) :) :)

Mmmm Plothond looks like you guys had some seriously good fun  ;D ;D ;D
Must agree with JM I think a second toy is a must but whew the time....... ::) ::)

never got to De Wildt when I was in PTA but will certainly try and do that some time :p

Clockwork Orange said:
Shark did the Montague National on the 5th and kaarked off but loved it. Will do a few more Nationals as well at the Winterberg and gauge fitness from there. But I definatley aim to do the Roof.

It would be cool t :deal:eek: see a couple other WD's there.
I'm keen - 2 years ago I did the national experts route...I kaaaked off...this year I want to do the senior pro