Pocket Rocket - BWS Scooter Tjopper complete build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xzef

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
Sup Guys, as promised, the complete build thread of my Yamaha BWS100 scooter Tjopper Project I built in 2011

Background: The donor bike is a 2007 Yamaha BWS100 scoot, it got stolen infront of my friends house, he got it back after 2years and 15 000km, it then stood in his garden for another 1-2years, untill I got it. I was lucky enough to recieve some moola for my 21st bday and thus the project started.

This is day 1 - as I got it out of his garden.... loads of parts missing and overall just f#cked

So I started stripping it, using a grinder for the first time in my life

Had the idea, made a mock up..

got some tubing rolled and started on a 2nd mock up

Decided I will need a neck for the frame, Reynard form Scorch helped me out with a set of Katana 400 forks and made the new neck and I even got to help

So I had these pics on my phone, whent to a party of a friend, met a bloke called Sondre, showed him the pics and he jumped onboard, impressed with the idea and eager to help me with the metal work as this was his industry

SO we started welding this sucka up:

First time rolling:
https://www.photostand.co.za/viewer.php?file=59zf9y8r9l7gzbhx07ea.jpg

Got the turbo and made a mounting plate to cover the Magneto, I didnt have a magneto cover or the fan and as this was now a naked bike I felt it could function well enough as a normal air cooled with all the scoot fairings off.

I designed some spikes to block off the gaps, They each have 8 5mm LED's in, 4 orange and 4 red, Scorch made them for me from aluminium

Did LOADS of polishing, all done myself with a freagen drill, hours and hours

Fitted the pegs, headlight and the other fork, (Katana fork was too narrow for the BWS front wheel, got this fork for cheap, its a cheapie but it looks the part and still is overkill as the bike is really light)

Proper bars

THis pic just makes me angry but u get the idea

Sondre doing some welding