• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pre-order- Miniature Wedge Retrofit Bulbs- Ideal for older BMWs and R1150 GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrichardson86

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
I have a BMW R80 G/S and it is a bit of nightmare when it comes to the instrument bulbs especially since if the one for for the generator system is not illuminated then the whole charging system doesn't work. Filament bulbs are also notoriously unreliable. The answer- LED bulbs that can replace them! I am bringing in a batch of 50 of these bulbs from the States. There will be 45 available for members as I will taking 5 for my bike.

I am looking at R40.00 per bulb  (as I have to get them shipped and through customs etc).  As the bulbs are designed to last 10,000 hours- 8 times longer than incandescent bulb they will be worth it.

If you would like to pre-order then put your name down on the thread and the number you would like.  :thumleft:

Here is a thread where a guy changed the bulbs on his BMW R1150 GS- https://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=50461

This is what they look like-
Image%2Bof%2Bbulbs.JPG-