Product review- SW Motech Rearbag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
As some of you might know, I was the lucky winner of the SW Motech Rearbag sponsored by Harold from SW Motech for our Baviaans Bash.

I thought it might be a good idea to give some feedback on my experience with this product.

The SW Motech Rearbag attaches to the rear carrier rack with 4 tie-down straps, so it will fit any bike. It's got 2 side pockets, one which is removable to use as a moonbag/wallet. The zips are of the "sealed-type", which means no dust or water can penetrate.
The bag comes with a rainproof cover which can be pulled over it should the need arise.
The bag itself is very nicely designed, with a semi-rigid carcass and top.
The top clips open, and folds back, then a 2nd top cover is zipped open to access the inside of the bag. This means no water can penetrate, and you can pack your maps on top of the zip-lid for easy access.
Shoulder straps are included, so you can sling the bag over your shoulder when you arive at your destination. It also has a carry handle at the back.

The Rearbag expands by means of another zip, and can easily hold my XL size Arai TourX, plus room to spare.

As I have only done 2 trips with the rearbag, I cannot ccomment on long-term reliabilty, but it looks very sturdy.

I am very satisfied with this product, and want to again thank Harold from SW Motech for sponsoring this prize (amongst others), and for supporting our Forum.

Price: I'm not sure, maybe Michnus or Harold can shed some light?