Progressive Springs for my SE ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Right...we all know that the SE has great suspension, but the engineers and suspension guru's at KTM did not envision that a 6ft5inch guy weighing 140kg will eventually buy a SE and thrash it through whoops and some other kak terrain.
The suspension has been pretty good for my normal riding, but I've been doing some training for the Amageza and as my fitness levels and speed is increasing I've started noticing areas where the suspension is lacking. I've been fiddling around with the settings and I do have a pretty good understanding of the settings, but no matter how I set up the suspension it just comes back to the fact that the suspension was not designed for my heavy ass.....
I spoke to Hilton Hayward and he suggested progressives front and back, because there are no linnear springs with the kind of rating for my weight and keep in mind the bike has a 30l Safari tank fitted aswell.
I'd like some feedback as to what I can expect when going down this route....have anybody else done this ?? I know that changing a KLR suspension to progressive makes a huge difference, but has anybody changed a VERY good suspension to progressive and would you do it again.....are there other options? at R6k for the rebuild of both front and rear suspension I seriously do not want to be dissapointed....