Puddles lead this Tour to Namaqualand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPA

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
We have just returned from a ten day tour to Augrabies, Pella, Hondeklipbaai, Tanwa and Verneuk Pan with Puddles leading the group, she did a great job, thanks again Z :):)

Attachments

• Namaqua 2010.JPG
    Namaqua 2010.JPG
    56.9 KB
  • Namaqua 2010 (7).JPG
    Namaqua 2010 (7).JPG
    77.9 KB
  • Namaqua 2010 (6).JPG
    Namaqua 2010 (6).JPG
    47.7 KB
amazing, saw the pics on Facebook, would love to do this trip. well done Puddles...now you can teach me how to navigate on my 60cxs. :mwink:

It was an absolute pleasure  :ricky: . 

I will write a ride report with pics as soon as I get a chance ...  :p

Hi DPA I did the same trip(more or less) but with wife and kids and 4x4.Met you lot at Kuruman and again later at Hondeklipbaai,looked as if you guys were having a blast,was really jelous,Puddles congrats on a job well done.

Some more pics while we wait for the official repport by our New Fearless Leader.

Dit was 'n bevange trip gewees. :)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    67.8 KB
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    125.1 KB
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    104.8 KB
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    155.4 KB
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    170.2 KB
Now the cat is out the bag, Puddles did not leave me, she became the new "fearless leader" of a pack....

Now to get the report from her, no pressure >:D

P.S.  Check that "boereraat" with the ice on the GS650 (800cc) petrol pump to make it go, geniuses on the tour!  When petrol get close to half in very hot conditions the bike cuts out.  Got pump replaced this morning, now waiting for verdict as bike was exactly one month out of warrenty???

Hoofseun said:
Now the cat is out the bag, Puddles did not leave me, she became the new "fearless leader" of a pack....

P.S.  Check that "boereraat" with the ice on the GS650 (800cc) petrol pump to make it go, geniuses on the tour!  When petrol get close to half in very hot conditions the bike cuts out.  Got pump replaced this morning, now waiting for verdict as bike was exactly one month out of warrenty???

Known problem on the F800 (same pump) so if they get diffcult there are a couple of fault reports lying around on the F800 thread. Also have some mails that I sent through to BMW at a stage regarding this. Good to know that there is a workaround, be it a bit strange though.

Crowley said:
Hoofseun said:

Known problem on the F800 (same pump) so if they get diffcult there are a couple of fault reports lying around on the F800 thread. Also have some mails that I sent through to BMW at a stage regarding this. Good to know that there is a workaround, be it a bit strange though.

It works  :thumleft: ... be it only for a while then the trouble starts again as soon as it heats up !!! 
At least it got me through the thick sand a few times  :eek:

First few pic's were wow!!, now more please ;D and a route -a route will do :thumleft:

Hey Grunt nice meeting you and your family, next time you will be on two wheels I am sure :):)

Will Post some more soon :):)

Attachments

• Namaqua 2010 (3).JPG
    Namaqua 2010 (3).JPG
    54.6 KB
Sorry, Hi-jack.
Hoofseun Check of die pyp wat van die pomp af gaan in die tenk n clamp op[ het. As daar nie n clamp is nie en die tenk raak onder half suig die pomp dalk n bietjie wind, dan begin die bike mis en vrek weens fuel starvation.

Hi-jack off.

To will the time away, here are some more pictures of the tour  :)

Attachments

• A1.JPG
    A1.JPG
    102.9 KB
  • A2.JPG
    A2.JPG
    117.5 KB
  • A3.JPG
    A3.JPG
    76.4 KB
  • A4.JPG
    A4.JPG