Quick trip down river!!!!!! Water en nogmaals Water!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I had nothing to do yesterday so I went down river to take a few pics. The Orange river is 6.5m at the moment and it seems that it has reached it's peak. (that's if it stops raining up stream)
Some of you will remember what some of the places looks like when the river is at it's normal depth.....

This is the Upington aqua club.....boat club (only strecth of river that is normally deep enough for boats)....now you can go as far as youre fuel will allow you, or to where a bridge blocks you.

Sakkie se Arkie

Another swallowed bridge.......these farmers can not get to their vineyards to harvest grapes!

Oranjerus Resort and Camping

Kanoneiland se bruggies!

Keimoes Bruggies!

Video van die Augrabies valle in al sy glorie!!
https://yfrog.us/07mov00025z

jislaaikit.

Thanks for sharing. Wanna get on my bike and head North. Can be back on Thursday me thinks...

It's predicted to peak on Wednesday!  :eek:

FRGraph.aspx

Thanks for sharing. Me and Groenie went over those bridges after the bash, and comparing my photies to yours is like two different worlds.

I'm paddling from Vioolsdrif on Thursday.

4 hours to do 120km's. Vioolsdrif to the Gamkab river. Should be boring.

Kamanya said:
I'm paddling from Vioolsdrif on Thursday.

4 hours to do 120km's. Vioolsdrif to the Gamkab river. Should be boring.

Exactly.....add a little spice to the rowing excursion and drive down to the Gamkab and paddle back up to Vioolsdrift  :biggrin:

Rickus said:
Keimoes Bruggies!

Aah, Skanskopeiland se brug. In the late seventies (I think 78) we had been cut off from school for a few weeks. First thing in the morning was to look if the water is (hopefully) still running over the bridge and continue with our unexpected bonus holiday.