rainsuits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toucan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
i have found out the hard way that my rainsuit does not keep the rain out any more. it would seem that keeping it in your top box and loading groceries/beer/spares etc. on top of it shortens it's life. :(

here is my list of things to look for when buying a new one:
1. a high collar can be irritating when it starts choking you.
2. velcro flaps covering the zip will keep a lot of the water out.
3. velvro flaps on the pockets will also keep the pockets dry.
4. thick insulated rainsuits are great for wet cold weather but in jhb you will be wet from sweat after the 5 minute downpour. a thin suit also packs down smaller.
5. the legs must be long enough not ride up exposes your ankles (and white socks).
6. all the seams must be sealed properly because this is the first place it will start leaking. especially the crotch. :mad:
7. ease of putting it on and taking it off ;). you'll be looking at the dark clouds looming on the horizon wondering if it worth the effort to put it on and never wear it.
8. try it on with your full gear before buying it. the sizes are very weird. a small suit wont fit but a too large suit will flap in the breeze and a flapping suit on a long ride will drive you crazy (or crazier as the case may be ;D).

please give me some more tips on buying my next rain suit and where you think is the best place to buy it. mosskay's/full throttle/ko-operasie/checkers?