Realistic modified airhead, GS or G/S costs, basic setup (farkle file attached)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drusky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
You know you want to
psycho.gif

Realistically not too many of you are going to push ourselves to the limit in competition with your airheads. Why not consider a basic setup with the option to add "hop-ups" at a later stage.

I've attached an excel spread sheet for you to play with based on an old HPN invoice. I've only done one G/S conversion and one GS conversion to give an idea of respective costs. You can fiddle the stuff in blue (wouldn't mess with the price list too much. Put in w for "wantie" or leave it blank to exclude an item. You can fiddle the exchange rate in the top left corner. It's set at 11.

So far I've noticed that 30% of cost is shocks! There's a lot of other stuff you could do locally like brake lines and brackets, sandblasting and powder coating.

R1100GS swingarms and final drives can be nabbed off of e-bay and might be and option.

Unknowns will be cost of your donor, duties and shipping (edit) and actual price list... no idea how old this one is.

Attachments

• HPNprices.xls
    35 KB · Views: 44