rear pads going too quick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
this is my theory, after purposely not using the rear brakes (mine is not linked anymore) and the pads failing within 5-10k km: I suspect that I was unintentionally engaging the rear brake whilst riding. This might be so while standing, but also while sitting. Try this, next time when your out riding, glance down at your right foot, how close is it to the rear brake pedal? Perhaps some of us are just touching the rear brake pedal when riding, causing them to fail so quickly. I want to set my rear brake pedal lower, if that's possible. I really don't use it when braking normally, as supposedly 90% of your braking force comes from the front brakes, which last very long...so why use the rear brake unless you need it on gravel? Yes, you can load the front shock a bit if you engage the rear brake before you engage the front brakes (so there's more grip on the front tyre), but the dive on the telelever suspension as we know is minimal