• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Rear rack/plate for KTM 1290/1190/1090/890/790

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogBreath

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
The title is slightly misleading, I don't actually have this yet, still busy designing it, but the more 'orders' I can get, the cheaper it becomes. Also motivates me to actually finish it!

I usually just try to cover my own costs with these things, not in it to make money.

It is based on the 1290 SAR rear rack. Will be made of 6 mm aluminium (grade 1050A, which isn't the strongest and is considered 'soft', hence the 6 mm thickness). You will also need cylindrical spacers, I'm yet to 'design' (model) those.
  • The slots are large enough so that you can fit the end loop of a Rok Strap through it.
  • Centre bolt pattern is for extra fuel tank bracket (like the ones from Flying Brick).
  • Flat surface so won't cut/scuff your lovely soft luggage.
  • There's an option to have it hard anodised, but I must get pricing for it.
  • Can also improve the grade of aluminium
  • Current weight is a somewhat hefty 1.5 kg (for those who care about weigh). You can also just pack less crap if the weight bothers you.
1724752886952.png

Let me know if anyone is interested (DM me), so far we're only two (me (1290) and a buddy (790)). I'm estimating it will cost less than R700 (excluding the spacers and anodising). I'll get pricing for the latter later.

Edit: We're 3 now.

Regards,
William

Last edited:

Latest posts