Redrider decides to-- PART --With Honda --

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Well what can i say  ::) Tank Girl asked Dakota and myself to take some pics of the Honda XR get together arranged by Heine -- Johan and family of the ADA training Group. She was roped in by Honda to get a few ladies to show the guy's --The ropes -- ??? So we had to help a little --

Was not very interested in doing it at first --thought it would be a TOTAL Bore -- :-\ Pleasently suprised by the way Heine --Hoofseun ( will post pictures of the -Master falling down a mountain ) first have to Pass that with the board of directors of Honda and You Tube -as this may be bad publicity after -Saving the Calf -- and a gazillion movie offers that are pending for a world hit movie offer on the table  :peepwall: ) As usual Johan is passionate about what he does and does it extreemely well more than i can say for many of his assistants who find themselves more in a horizontal position than upright on a bike -- :pot:

To Heine and his son's who were allways at hand to help -- That's what i call teamwork  :thumleft: Congrat's to all of you and to Some Old and new riders i met on our shoot to cripple walkabout - ::)

I forwarded a copy of the pics to Honda to decide what they would want to do with them --maybe blackmail all into purchasing another -honda or two. :mwink:

Well here is a small section where Redrider decided to --DUMP--his Honda --Once and for all -- Hell between him and Runner in the wheelie competition the --Rest looked like they were trying to lift a leg against a tree like a dog instead of a wheel in the air  on a XR-- :peepwall:

Never the less --Well done to ALL who joined the week-end --Without You-- No event could have been possible and We would Never have had so many good pictures of you all  ::)

Standing Back --Totally --Disgusted  :eek:

a Hand's On Heine and Son  :thumleft:

Just --a --Little Wheelie that nearly ended in Hartebeestpoort Dam --

And the Winner --JACK DANIELS--SORRY -- ::) IT WAS RUNNER--

Just to clarify things that was NOT MY BIKE I would never let go of my BABY ever  :laughing4: Thanks to all Hoofseun Hein and the rest of ADA staff awesome job guys I will be back .  :thumleft: And the rest off the riders great meeting u guys I did not catch many forum names .But great meeting u okes .

Bliksem!

Nice to see you guys are now using the XR650R not only as a desert racer, but also as proper two smoke single track offroad bikes.

(Did Runner kitted you all out with fans & happy buttons before this Saturday? )

oo7 said:
Bliksem!

Nice to see you guys are now using the XR650R not only as a desert racer, but also as proper two smoke single track offroad bikes.

(Did Runner kitted you all out with fans & happy buttons before this Saturday? )

Ons is nie Gay nie, ons het nie buttons en kak nodig nie, of nie meeste van ons nie,jou vriend is die Jurie nog uit oor................. >:D

blazes said:
Hoofseun ( will post pictures of the - Master falling down a mountain ) first have to Pass that with the board of directors of Honda and You Tube -as this may be bad publicity after -Saving the Calf -- and a gazillion movie offers that are pending for a world hit movie offer on the table  :peepwall: )

Bring it, no authorisation needed, I wanna see!

I wana see H8lry's crash!

First the formalities (as we are still collecting and going through a zillion photos).  This weekend would not have been possible without three groups, the participants, press and the sponsors.

From a Sponsor side, we thank Honda SA that was the gold Sponsor, but was also well presented through senior management, Mr Miyazaki San (Motorcycles Honda South Africa), David Gunning en Riaan Fourie.  Other sponsors that actively supports the rider community; Offroad Cycles, Action Cameras, Legend Lodges, Hotels and Resorts, SMP, Outdoor Warehouse, Honda Adventure Academy, EMD Racing, Touratech SA, Just Bike Tyre.

From the press; Greg Baxter, Clive Strugnell and Patrick Moore.

However, the riders were great.  They rode in the sweltering heat, helping each other, pushing their limits on some nice "relaxing" routes.

Then in the afternoon they participated in four skill events, the results:

Longest "balance" wheely:

1st:  Conrad Koen
2nd:  JJ van Wyk
3rd:  Denzil Lawrie

Note:  A lot of people can pick the bike up at speed and gun it down the road, but these guys had a few steps from start to pick-up to get going.  The balance was amazing!

Longest jump from short run-up:

1st:  JP Smith - took the high line and gunned it!
2nd:  Conrad Koen
3rd:  Adrian Smith

Barrel race on skid pan:

1st:  Denzil Lawrie
3rd:  Michael Steyn

Technical "choice" loop - skills track:

1st:  Denzil Lawrie
2nd:  JP Smith
3rd:  Michael Steyn

Overall Skills Winner:

1st:    Denzil Lawrie
3rd:    JP Smith

The overall winner was a tie between Conrad and Denzil with Denzil taking the honours as the skills track was used as "deal" breaker.

Congratulations to all!

Sunday saw another nice "chilled" outride.

P.S. Photos to follow soon.

There will be some more “professional” photos soon, thanks to Blazes and Dakota – standing in the hot sun all day.

Here are some photos so long…

Mr Miyazaki San, Motorcycles Honda South Africa

DSCF1832.jpg

A view of the group

DSCF1628.jpg

Some riding on the single tracks with multiple options provided

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1656.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

David Gunning from Honda SA getting some real close-ups

DSCF1672.jpg

Teamwork

DSCF1677.jpg

JJ handles this bike like a “plastic”, placing the front wheel with precise pivot turns…

DSCF1708.jpg

Conrad building relations with the press

DSCF1730.jpg

A challenging hill, the going up is tuff, but coming down is even harder

DSCF1856.jpg

DSCF1878.jpg

DSCF1892.jpg

FILE0023.jpg

FILE0034.jpg

FILE0042.jpg

FILE0046.jpg

FILE0047.jpg

FILE0054.jpg

FILE0062.jpg

FILE0087.jpg

FILE0153.jpg

FILE0160.jpg

FILE0162.jpg

FILE0170.jpg

FILE0187.jpg

FILE0280.jpg

FILE0366.jpg

FILE0367.jpg

FILE0397.jpg

The skills event – Saturday afternoon (more photos soon)

DSCF1923.jpg

DSCF1963.jpg

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

Saturday evening

IMG_0138.jpg

Denzil winning the overall skills events

IMG_0151.jpg

Alex winning a helmet based upon his flying antics

PB126112.jpg

Sunday’s ride

DSCF2035.jpg

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2020.jpg

DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2057.jpg

DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2078.jpg

FILE0425.jpg

FILE0421.jpg

Awesome!!

So much red!

For somebody that was not going to do much due to a crickey knee, Mr Jack Daniels featured quite prominently  :deal:

Awesome!!

Looks like a whole heap of fun was had by all!!

Congrats to Denzil - I know you left late to get there, but obviously made it!! :)

Thanks to all...
I think I ate about 2kg of dust, and lost 20l of water...But it was soooo nice...
Looking forward to next year.
:ricky:

Trumpet said:
Looks like a whole heap of fun was had by all!!

Congrats to Denzil - I know you left late to get there, but obviously made it!! :)
Yes well done He had one of the oldest bike on the event,and still kicked some but  :thumleft: ,goes to show no need to have the latest and greatest electric start etc.  :deal:

Even if u sukkel to get fuel for such and old bike  :peepwall:

Lekker report there Hoofseun  :thumleft:

From what I saw....ALL the XR riders were having serious FUN.

Can't wait for the other photos.