Removed the exhaust flappy servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meintjies

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Not sure if the seizing of the flappy thingy in the exhaust is also a problem for you there in warm SA but we seem to have a lot of it happening here with the wet weather and salt being spread on the roads. So I took the servo and cables leading to the flappy thingy off and put a servo buddy in place of the original servo.

Just a word of advice, do not put the ignition on while the servo is disconnected as it will cause a few error codes and lights on your screen which will not go away even if you connect servo or servo buddy again. Took me a while to reset everything using the GS-911 and good now.

This was about 1500 miles ago and not had any issues. No warnings on the dash and bikes seem to run as before. Can't really say it sound different either i.e. louder at higher revs than before. I do put a bit of graphite oil into the workings of the flappy thingy once so ar and seem to move freely still.